Covert Classic Conservatives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking News: He Who Sure As Hell Can Be Named to run in 2012

+5
Bladerunner
Cacophonous
imaginethat
swiftfoxmark2
dsmbaptist
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breaking News: He Who Sure As Hell Can Be Named to run in 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: He Who Sure As Hell Can Be Named to run in 2012

Post by dsmbaptist Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:48 am

About the only thing that I do over at Coverts anymore is post Federalist Quotes and I sneak a peek at TLS and see what flies for comedy over there. SND liked my "Weave me a loan" pun that I posted on his thread yesterday, but other than that...nothing else matters!

Oh, that and I monitor Tats to see if she has another spaz out session! Smile Laughing drunken

Last edited by dsmbaptist on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

Pundit Level : 997
Poster Popularity : 0

http://mitchellandmichael.blogspot.com/ http://michaelsmusings.forumotion.net/forum.htm http://twitter.com/Dsmbear

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: He Who Sure As Hell Can Be Named to run in 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: He Who Sure As Hell Can Be Named to run in 2012

Post by Owen 16 Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:49 am

Quoting Doc Trock here:

1.)End the Fed. Monetary policy will become a kitchen table discussion amongst literate voters

All 30 of us? I think that is dinner table conversation among a lot of people already, but I don't think it will take center stage for those not already on the bandwagon. Hopefully I'm wrong (and no, I won't bet you a steak on it).

2.)Pare back the Empire: bringing the troops home is going to be a huge issue, and non-interventionism will be the "new" rubric of foreign policy.

Now that the last combat troops have left Iraq (at least that's what MSNBC told me), I suspect this might be less of an issue than Dr. Paul believes. My suspicion (and again, I could be wrong) is that most people in this country, and definitely most people in the Republican Party, support what is going on in Afghanistan, and I doubt that Dr. Paul will change that. Just my opinion.

3.)Fiscal conservatism. No more low taxes+high deficits+inflated currency=Wealth. Reaganomics and other Keynesian efforts will be rejected and the peasants won't stand for stimuli, bailouts, or other nonsense.

Without doing a lot of research, what exactly do you mean by this? Does this mean spending cuts? I don't recall Ron Paul's position on domestic spending from 2008, but my guess is that he would lead a charge to cut it drastically. My own opinion is that cutting the size of government (all governments: federal, state, and local) in half would probably put us on the right path, and unless I miss my guess, Dr. Paul would try to do that. But I'm wondering if he would raise taxes, and at this moment I have no time for research.

And, finally,

Oh....if, by some miracle/accident Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination, he'll be assassinated. There is no way he will be allowed to be president.

Hyperbole? I certainly hope so.

To be clear, I have stated several times in several different places that I doubt Ron Paul can get the Republican nomination. He has been demonized in too many ways in too many places, by both his own party and the media. I think that having him run for the nomination may lead to some good, because if you are right and these things are clearly articulated and Dr. Paul manages to not be ignored, the country will have benefitted no matter who wins the nomination. My own belief is that, if Dr. Paul begins to gain traction toward the nomination, you will be surprised at how quickly the Tea Party movement finds itself being ridiculed and demonized by the people who are right now trying to coopt it.
Owen 16
Owen 16

Pundit Level : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Craig1974 Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:30 am

Whats wrong with Rand Paul, DSM? How is he a "neocon-in-training"?

Craig1974

Pundit Level : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmbaptist Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Craig1974 wrote:Whats wrong with Rand Paul, DSM? How is he a "neocon-in-training"?

For starters:
Pro Israel
Pro Afghan War
Against Medical Marijuana
He's too kissy kissy with Newty-Newt Newt and Moose Hunter Sarah. But in short, he's no Libertarian like pops. I hope that Pops sits his boy down and straighten him out...I beg your indulgence as I need to go over my notes for the rest, but I'll post more as I recall all of my talking poits. Fair deal? Basketball
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

http://mitchellandmichael.blogspot.com/ http://michaelsmusings.forumotion.net/forum.htm http://twitter.com/Dsmbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Cacophonous Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:03 am

[quote="Owen 16"]Quoting Doc Trock here:

1.)End the Fed. Monetary policy will become a kitchen table discussion amongst literate voters

All 30 of us? I think that is dinner table conversation among a lot of people already, but I don't think it will take center stage for those not already on the bandwagon. Hopefully I'm wrong (and no, I won't bet you a steak on it).

As long as we fighting a "War on Terror" the economy will take a back seat to all things domestic. This is not true of real Americans, just Washington. It's by design:

Therefore, my Harry,
Be it thy course to busy giddy minds
With foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out,
May waste the memory of the former days.

2.)Pare back the Empire: bringing the troops home is going to be a huge issue, and non-interventionism will be the "new" rubric of foreign policy.

Now that the last combat troops have left Iraq (at least that's what MSNBC told me), I suspect this might be less of an issue than Dr. Paul believes. My suspicion (and again, I could be wrong) is that most people in this country, and definitely most people in the Republican Party, support what is going on in Afghanistan, and I doubt that Dr. Paul will change that. Just my opinion.

Don't believe it. There are still 50,000 troops over there, the equivalent of 12-13 combat brigades. Instead of armor or infantry units (combat arms), they are combat support and combat service support (MPs, engineers, etc.). The actual combat situation hasn't changed one bit...just the branch insignia on the uniforms.

3.)Fiscal conservatism. No more low taxes high deficits inflated currency=Wealth. Reaganomics and other Keynesian efforts will be rejected and the peasants won't stand for stimuli, bailouts, or other nonsense.

Without doing a lot of research, what exactly do you mean by this? Does this mean spending cuts? I don't recall Ron Paul's position on domestic spending from 2008, but my guess is that he would lead a charge to cut it drastically. My own opinion is that cutting the size of government (all governments: federal, state, and local) in half would probably put us on the right path, and unless I miss my guess, Dr. Paul would try to do that. But I'm wondering if he would raise taxes, and at this moment I have no time for research.

With serious enough spending cuts (start by cutting whole departments (Dept of Education, HHS, HUD, etc.; then cut everything else in half; then cut everything else in half again) the budget CAN be balanced and monies returned to the taxpayers. Reaganomics - as practiced - provided spending cuts and budget increases, which was a distortion (see http://mercatus.org/sites/default/files/publication/MOP77_SBI_Spending Multiplier_web (2).pdf and http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/opinion/01stockman.html?_r=2&scp=1&sq=stockman&st=cse).

And, finally,

Oh....if, by some miracle/accident Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination, he'll be assassinated. There is no way he will be allowed to be president.

By whom?

Cacophonous

Pundit Level : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:51 pm

By whom? Seriously?

Start by following the money.... but that would be just for starts.
imaginethat
imaginethat

Pundit Level : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by Cacophonous Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:21 pm

imaginethat wrote:By whom? Seriously?

Oh I agree with you, was wondering if you had anyone specific in mind. "Follow the money" could lead to a lot of different places.

Cacophonous

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmbaptist Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:38 pm

Hey...didn't JFK try to end the fed and end the Vietnam War and also warn us about secret societies? scratch

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Except for the Marilyn Monroe thing...which I believe was a distraction that the neos of that time used to distract s from their operations...Ron Paul and JFK have some similar qualities, IMHO.

And yes..I've heard several people who have met Ron Paul tell me that he believes that if he was elected, that he'd be assassinated. But he loves this country more than his own life, and for that, I'll push for Ron Paul until there is no Ron Paul to push! Thumbs Up
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Cacophonous wrote:
imaginethat wrote:By whom? Seriously?

Oh I agree with you, was wondering if you had anyone specific in mind. "Follow the money" could lead to a lot of different places.

No, no one in particular, and I agree Caco, that "follow the money" could lead a lot of places, all with reasonable candidates with "reasonable" motives.
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmbaptist Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:25 pm

Okay...To celebrate this great news...take a look at the new Avatar>>>>
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:42 pm

I sure as hell can say this here:

Ron Paul has done more for our Republic than any politician alive today. Dr. Paul isn't perfect, but he is of the tradition of those who founded our country.

And anyone who disagrees with those statements better have their example ready, iow, put up or shut up, or I'll ban ya. Thumbs Up
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmbaptist Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:06 pm

imaginethat wrote:I sure as hell can say this here:

Ron Paul has done more for our Republic than any politician alive today. Dr. Paul isn't perfect, but he is of the tradition of those who founded our country.

And anyone who disagrees with those statements better have their example ready, iow, put up or shut up, or I'll ban ya. Thumbs Up

Tats...is that you? What happened to Paul? scratch

lol!
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:00 am

dsmbaptist wrote:
imaginethat wrote:I sure as hell can say this here:

Tats...is that you? What happened to Paul? scratch

lol!

Paul? Obviously he's a wild man drunk on the wine of Liberty, probably a Sargent in someone's Lonely Heart's Club Band, might even listen to and LIKE (for God's sake) that damned song "Imagine." Dangerous sort.....
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by annie Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Here's the thing for me - if RP runs for the GOP nomination, everything, I mean everything, hinges on how the GOP treats him this time around. If he is kept out of the debates, mocked and ridiculed, etc. etc., then I will reject the party and it's nominee - nothing will have changed inside the GOP and nothing will change in Washington with a GOP win.

annie

Pundit Level : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen 16 Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:07 pm

annie wrote:Here's the thing for me - if RP runs for the GOP nomination, everything, I mean everything, hinges on how the GOP treats him this time around. If he is kept out of the debates, mocked and ridiculed, etc. etc., then I will reject the party and it's nominee - nothing will have changed inside the GOP and nothing will change in Washington with a GOP win.

I can agree with that. I have been heartened by the Tea Party movement that people were waking up in this country, and I have been hoping that the GOP would embrace and, more importantly, ADOPT (or, if you prefer, rediscover) the limited government message of the Teabaggers (a tag I proudly embrace). Some of the big wigs in the GOP have discouraged me with their rhetoric, but if Dr. Paul is treated as a serious player, even if he loses the nomination, I will be encouraged that the message is being heard. If the "powers that be" in the GOP treat him with mockery, then not so much. It may be time for a third party if so.
Owen 16
Owen 16

Pundit Level : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:16 pm

Prediction:

Mitt Romney will sneer, snicker and condescend his way to the nomination. Paul, the "dark horse," "libertarian," "long shot," "fringe" candidate will do very well with the people, and will set the tone with his message.

Romney will win the nomination but will LOSE to Obama in the general, mainly because conservatives won't vote for him. I sure as hell won't.

Also, don't be surprised if Ron Paul is assassinated. In fact, if he polls really well, I expect he'll be killed.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322

Back to top Go down

Post by Cacophonous Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Doc Trock wrote:Prediction:

Mitt Romney will sneer, snicker and condescend his way to the nomination. Paul, the "dark horse," "libertarian," "long shot," "fringe" candidate will do very well with the people, and will set the tone with his message.

Romney will win the nomination but will LOSE to Obama in the general, mainly because conservatives won't vote for him. I sure as hell won't.

Also, don't be surprised if Ron Paul is assassinated. In fact, if he polls really well, I expect he'll be killed.
I agree with all of that, except the final. Paul won't be assassinated. There will be no need...his breaks will fail, or his plane crash, or his heretofore healthy heart will give out. But he won't be assassinated.

Cacophonous

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Cacophonous wrote:
Doc Trock wrote:Prediction:

I agree with all of that, except the final. Paul won't be assassinated. There will be no need...his breaks will fail, or his plane crash, or his heretofore healthy heart will give out. But he won't be assassinated.

Yes. I agree.

No one will call it an assassination.....because it will be an accident, a la Ron Brown, or natural causes. But he will never, ever serve a term as president.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:08 am

Moved this topic to the main forum since it doesn't really fit with the 'Articles' section.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2