Anybody home?

Go down

Anybody home?

Post by Bladerunner on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:53 am

So, what's up with this forum? Haven't seen a post in a while. Is everyone on vacation, or just burned out?
Bladerunner

Pundit Level : 198
Poster Popularity : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody home?

Post by swiftfoxmark2 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:25 am

I've been around, but I didn't want to be the only person posting articles.

We do have several members who haven't been posting at all. I'm not too depressed over it, though, because it's not like we made any friends on the other forums.

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:09 pm

swiftfoxmark2 wrote:I've been around, but I didn't want to be the only person posting articles.

We do have several members who haven't been posting at all. I'm not too depressed over it, though, because it's not like we made any friends on the other forums.
Hell, Swifty, right now, at this stage of the game, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm looking forward to voting for Sharron Angle. Got a feeling she's gonna beat that pathetic little man.
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Yeah, I'm really hoping Harry Reid gets tossed out of the ring too.

Unfortunately, neither of my Senators are up for election. So I'm stuck with Jim "I WANT HIM HOME" Webb and Mark Warner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:02 pm

I'm here.
Part of the fun with these forums is having people who don't agree with you to debate.

I've never enjoyed a homogenous environment, where everyone agrees with each other.

Not that I don't enjoy the forum.....but we're all pretty much on the same page here, and there's merely less to say as a result.

But I check and read here daily.
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Well, JannyMae has joined, so you may get your wish Doc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Yep.

Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:27 pm

Yes, I check in daily too. I do enjoy debating, though I don't miss the kind of debate that typified CC.
imaginethat

Pundit Level : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:17 am

There are good reasons for forums other than just an arena for debates. Many times people have posted news, knowledge, or other interesting info that I miss. It is good to have a platoon of watchmen out there keeping tabs on things. But, if y'all wanna debate, OK. Here goes:

Yer all a bunch of ignorant Bible clingin', gun slingin, right-wing extremists and you should all be in chains or straighjackets. Prove me wrong. Twisted Evil
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:36 am

Hey, I may be a Bible clingin', gun slingin, right-wing extremist, but I'm not ignorant Flaming Yourself

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am

Bladerunner wrote:There are good reasons for forums other than just an arena for debates. Many times people have posted news, knowledge, or other interesting info that I miss. It is good to have a platoon of watchmen out there keeping tabs on things. But, if y'all wanna debate, OK. Here goes:

Yer all a bunch of ignorant Bible clingin', gun slingin, right-wing extremists and you should all be in chains or straighjackets. Prove me wrong. Twisted Evil

In the immortal words of Solo: Uh, dude, that would be proving a negative which is impossible. Bad form. Laughing
imaginethat

Pundit Level : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:39 am

Bladerunner wrote:There are good reasons for forums other than just an arena for debates. Many times people have posted news, knowledge, or other interesting info that I miss. It is good to have a platoon of watchmen out there keeping tabs on things. But, if y'all wanna debate, OK. Here goes:

gunslingin?

I take umbrage to that remark! I've only got four guns in the house.....

One by the front door, another by the back door, a third in the nightstand and the fourth I carry. I've never slung a single gun.....ever.
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Doc Trock wrote:

gunslingin?

I take umbrage to that remark! I've only got four guns in the house.....

One by the front door, another by the back door, a third in the nightstand and the fourth I carry. I've never slung a single gun.....ever.
Figure of speech, Doc. I have four rifles fitted with slings. lol!
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by annie on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Bladerunner wrote:So, what's up with this forum? Haven't seen a post in a while. Is everyone on vacation, or just burned out?

A little bit burned out, Blade, but still around. The election is right around the corner, I'm already beginning to feel a little fired up, feeling ready to jump back into forums. Cool

annie

Pundit Level : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:15 pm

annie wrote:
Bladerunner wrote:So, what's up with this forum? Haven't seen a post in a while. Is everyone on vacation, or just burned out?

A little bit burned out, Blade, but still around. The election is right around the corner, I'm already beginning to feel a little fired up, feeling ready to jump back into forums. Cool
I hear ya, annie, never in my life have I spent so much time, energy, and even some money dealing with politics as I have over the last two years--Tea Parties and all like that. And, yeah, I'm fired up too. I am now once again a resident of my native state--Nevada. I'm still trying to figure out if I am really voting FOR Sharron Angle or AGAINST Dingy Harry. Probably both. Bottom line: Reid must go!
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:18 am

It's funny. The Democrats thought that their victories in 2006 and 2008 were a mandate that conservatism and anti-Statism was over.

But the reality was that we were just throwing as many turds out as we could.

Back to top Go down

Post by annie on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Bladerunner wrote:I hear ya, annie, never in my life have I spent so much time, energy, and even some money dealing with politics as I have over the last two years--Tea Parties and all like that. And, yeah, I'm fired up too. I am now once again a resident of my native state--Nevada. I'm still trying to figure out if I am really voting FOR Sharron Angle or AGAINST Dingy Harry. Probably both. Bottom line: Reid must go!

I take it Sharron Angle wasn't your choice in the primary - or maybe you were not a resident again yet. In my opinion a candidate and I do not have to agree 100% on every point for me to support them and vote FOR them - they just need to be conserative, a true conservative, not a CINO or Neocon.

In Pa. I've been fortunate - I supported Toomey in the primary and will vote FOR him in the gneneral. I don't know a lot about Angle except that she has taken a beating in the press for being a nutjob, lunatic, extremist etc. - liberal and GOP-insider standard treatment for conservatives it seems.

annie

Pundit Level : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down