NPR fires Juan Williams for statements about Muslims

Go down

NPR fires Juan Williams for statements about Muslims

Post by swiftfoxmark2 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:58 pm

NPR Ends Juan Williams' Contract

NPR News has terminated the contract of longtime news analyst Juan Williams after remarks he made on the Fox News Channel about Muslims.

Williams appeared Monday on The O'Reilly Factor, and host Bill O'Reilly asked him to comment on the idea that the U.S. is facing a dilemma with Muslims.

O'Reilly has been looking for support for his own remarks on a recent episode of ABC's The View in which he directly blamed Muslims for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Co-hosts Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg walked off the set in the middle of his appearance.

Williams responded: "Look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

Williams also warned O'Reilly against blaming all Muslims for "extremists," saying Christians shouldn't be blamed for Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh.

But strong criticism followed Williams' comments.

Late Wednesday night, NPR issued a statement praising Williams as a valuable contributor but saying it had given him notice that it is severing his contract. "His remarks on The O'Reilly Factor this past Monday were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR," the statement read.

Williams' presence on the largely conservative and often contentious prime-time talk shows of Fox News has long been a sore point with NPR News executives.

His status was earlier shifted from staff correspondent to analyst after he took clear-cut positions about public policy on television and in newspaper opinion pieces.

Reached late Wednesday night, Williams said he wasn't ready to comment and was conferring with his wife about the episode.

Well, this certainly is interesting. The Left will not tolerate someone who has casual relations with their enemies, especially Fox News.

On the hand, I think it was stupid for NPR to do this. On the other hand, I think it is fitting that Juan Williams has been taken down by the very Leftist attitudes that he touted.

On a side note, Williams shows his ignorance by saying that Timothy McVeigh was a Christian extremist. From what I recall, he said he admired Nietzsche more than Jesus. Of course, this follows the pattern of the secular Statists because Christianity is one of the few religions that preaches freedom and a higher authority without clearly defining a governmental or social structure. That is a threat to Left-wing atheists because they wish to be gods themselves.

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Re: NPR fires Juan Williams for statements about Muslims

Post by Doc Trock on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:17 pm

I think with liberals they have a hard time distinguishing race and religion, at least when they're emotionally invested in something.

McVeigh was no Christian. He may have been inside a church at one time or another, but to call him a Christian is ludicrous. The Muslim terrorists, on the other hand, are actual, practicing Muslims.

So, liberals tend to call Caucasians "christian," especially when it suits their purposes.

In this case, liberals have decided that muslims did not attack us on 911.....just a handful of muslim terrorists.

They back up this assertion by invoking McVeigh, in order to demonstrate their wisdom by saying that "christians" didn't commit the OK bombing.....just a disturbed white, christian male.

The differences are stark....but the liberal mind cannot think too long or hard about these things. It creates problems for them.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322
Poster Popularity : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:19 am

Funnily enough, Soros gave NPR a million bucks to hire leftist mouthpieces just before Williams was fired.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Pundit Level : 198
Poster Popularity : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 am

Oh the things I would do to Soros if I had a working Death Note. But that would be too easy I suppose.

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down