Covert Classic Conservatives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sealed With a Kiss

Go down

Sealed With a Kiss Empty Sealed With a Kiss

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:47 am

Sealed With a Kiss
by Mike (in Tokyo) Rogers

What does modern North Korea, 1600 ~ 1853 Imperial Japan and the USA have in common? Those government's try to support failing systems by cutting their people off from the foreign influence. It's called, in Japanese, Sakoku. Sakoku means something like isolation from the outside.

In North Korea, if they catch you trying to escape, they execute you. Imperial Japan did the same thing. How much longer until the USA tries this? Laugh now but the situation there is getting more absurd by the minute.

People from the outside of the USA can't send you regular mail in many cases anymore.

Americans have lost their freedoms and their country. How much longer will they tolerate what has happened to them? How much farther will they allow their government to invade on their privacy in order to give them "security"?

Considering all the recent uproar about police brutality to TSA groping, I wonder, how many more of these mini cancers will be needed to accumulate before the entire system collapses?

Now, unbeknownst to most Americans, I'm sure, people outside of the USA can no longer mail you packages if that package weighs more than 1 pound (453 grams). That's the total weight including packaging. One pound is not very heavy.

My seven-year-old son just received a beautiful electronic building set for his birthday from a girl who is his seven-year-old friend in Arizona. My son loves it. With that set, you can build all sorts of electrical projects; lights, on-off switches, fans, you-name-it. The set is high quality. That, and the book she sent him, was easily over one pound.

Too bad he is unable to repay the favor.

Of course, we try to teach our son manners and kindness; if you wish to receive mail, you write mail. If you get a present, you must write back thanks. To receive, you must give.

In this case, Christmas is coming up and so he felt it was best to give a present back to his friend who sent the birthday present. Quite understandable and I agree.

Since my son is only seven and has no job, it is up to dad and mom to finance such operations as buying gifts and we are happy to do so when the occasion seems right. I took my son shopping and he chose some Hello Kitty items and a book for his seven-year-old girlfriend.

We wrapped the packages and took them to the post office to send to the USA this morning. Alas, while at the post office, we were told that the US Department of Homeland Security has stated that there can be no more mailing of packages that weigh over 1 pound unless we can provide the Social Security number of the recipient.

Bravo! Homeland Security! I am so pleased to see you on the front line of America's safety! One can never be too careful you know.

Always be proactive to make sure kids don't run, jump and have fun as they might hurt themselves… And never, but never, go into the swimming pool until you've learned to swim... So I applaud your caution.

But, darn it if I don't have a few simple questions:

In what manner shall I inquire to this little seven-year-old girl's father about this young ladies' Social Security number? If the father asks, "Why?" How shall I explain that we (Homeland Security and I) are working together to protect her freedom by invading her privacy? And from whom are we protecting her? Are we protecting her from an over-weight Hello Kitty?

Also, I'm not sure, but I do think something like a Social Security number like this is private information, is it not? Aren't people running around these days involved in identity thefts that are sniffing for that sort of information?

How does making an arbitrary limit of one pound stop anyone from sending dangerous materials?

Also, how does providing you with a Social Security number relate to protecting people from terrorists?

Hmmm… I've been thinking about this and figure that I must be just too dumb to see...

Oh, and my final question to Homeland Security:

If my seven-year-old sends the envelop to his seven-year-old girlfriend, sealed with a kiss, will that require extra postage or a DNA check?
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum