Covert Classic Conservatives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boehner Endorses More Medicare Spending: Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss?

Go down

Boehner Endorses More Medicare Spending: Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss? Empty Boehner Endorses More Medicare Spending: Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss?

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Boehner Endorses More Medicare Spending: Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss?

While flipping through the radio on my way to pick my son up from school yesterday afternoon, I was dumbfounded to hear Congressman John Boehner talk about repealing Obama’s Medicare cuts on Sean Hannity’s show.

I wasn’t shocked that Boehner was referring to non-existent cuts (Medicare spending is projected to jump from $519 billion in 2010 to $677 billion in 2015 according to the Congressional Budget Office). I’ve been dealing with Washington’s dishonest definition of “spending cuts” for decades, so I’m hardly fazed by that type of routine inaccuracy.

But I was amazed that the presumptive future Speaker of the House went on a supposedly conservative talk radio show and said that increasing Medicare spending would be on the agenda of a GOP-controlled Congress. (I wondered if I somehow misinterpreted what was being said, but David Frum heard the same thing)

To be fair, Boehner also said that he wanted to repeal ObamaCare, so it would be unfair to claim that the interview was all Bush-style, big-government conservatism. But it is not a positive sign that Boehner is talking about more spending before he’s even had a chance to pick out the drapes for his new office.

Boehner only wants to repeal Obamacare after he found what a mistake it was to oppose repealing it. Originally, he said that Republicans would only remove parts of it.

Boehner's a Statist and needs to be marginalized. Unfortunately, the DC machine won't allow that.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down