Covert Classic Conservatives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Busted For Waterboarding Girlfriend

+2
Doc Trock
swiftfoxmark2
6 posters

Go down

Man Busted For Waterboarding Girlfriend Empty Man Busted For Waterboarding Girlfriend

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Man Busted For Waterboarding Girlfriend

After accusing his girlfriend of cheating on him, a Nebraska man allegedly tied the woman to a couch in their apartment and waterboarded her, according to police.

Trevor Case, 22, has been charged with domestic assault, false imprisonment, and making terroristic threats in connection with the bizarre incident early Saturday morning at the Lincoln home he shared with the 22-year-old victim.

Police allege that Case stuffed "hospital socks" into Danielle Stallworth's mouth and bound her wrists with belts and hair ties before placing a shirt over her head and dousing it with water, according to a Lincoln Police Department report. “He poured a pitcher of water on her head, and she started freaking out and thought she wasn’t able to breathe,” cops noted.

The waterboarding practice, of course, leaves victims with the sensation that they are drowning.

"As she was trying to get up, she clawed Case on his chest," cops reported. When the couple's young daughter awoke and came into the living room, "the situation calmed down." When questioned by police, Case admitted arguing with Stallworth, but denied tying her up. He claimed that a scratch on his chest occurred while "wrestling with a friend."

An officer noted observing injuries on Stallworth's wrist, arm, and thigh, all of which were photographed.

Case, pictured in the above mug shot, is being held on $150,000 bond at the Lancaster County jail. The police report reveals that Case was convicted last November of domestic assault against Stallworth, with whom he has been involved in a relationship for about five years.

If normal people go to jail for it, why is it lawful to use if you are a government official?
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Man Busted For Waterboarding Girlfriend Empty Re: Man Busted For Waterboarding Girlfriend

Post by Doc Trock Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:46 pm

well, did it work? Did he find out who she was cheating with?

I do agree, however.....waterboarding is a criminal act, no matter who's doing it.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322
Poster Popularity : 0

Back to top Go down

Man Busted For Waterboarding Girlfriend Empty Re: Man Busted For Waterboarding Girlfriend

Post by Bladerunner Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:53 pm

Doc Trock wrote:well, did it work? Did he find out who she was cheating with?

I do agree, however.....waterboarding is a criminal act, no matter who's doing it.
Send that message to the instructors at S.E.R.E., the SAS, and the Navy SEALS.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Pundit Level : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:57 pm

So if the military does it, it's right and proper?
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am

America is great, because America is good.......

That's what was once said about us. We're no longer good....or great.

Waterboarding isn't the reason....but the culture and philosophy behind waterboarding is exactly the reason we're not good or great anymore.

We're in steep decline: morally, economically, culturally AND militarily.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by didanyoneusethis Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:04 am

Say what?

We can't keep people up beyond a certain hour with loud music, either. Employers have to pay at least minimum wage and provide breaks at certain intervals. Does that mean it's "torture" if interrogations break those principles when investigating an international terrorist plot?

Whether it's "torture" or not in the context of the captured, I don't think the fact that people can't do it to their girlfriends makes a very compelling case either way.

didanyoneusethis

Pundit Level : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 am

Two points:
  • Waterboarding is torture. There is no getting around it, no matter what legal excuses the Attorney General attempts to make.
  • Just because there are minimum wage laws doesn't mean it justifies whatever other liberty-destroying policy the government seeks to create. Loud parties can be countered by actually confronting the people while foaming at the mouth. Let them know that you once killed a bird for making noise while you were trying to sleep. No need to get police involved.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by didanyoneusethis Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:54 pm

Whether or not it's torture or not, a case hasn't been made for it one way or the other, here. Had he simply prevented her from leaving he would have been outside the law.

You can't make your girl friend to stick around for any interrogation, but that doesn't mean interrogation= torture.

didanyoneusethis

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:24 pm

Waterboarding has clearly been designated torture in many war crimes trials. Look it up.

The United State vigorously prosecuted war crimes against Japan, I believe, and the cornerstone of their torture case was waterboarding.

Hypocrisy isn't a crime, however.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by JannyMae Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:14 pm

•Waterboarding is torture. There is no getting around it, no matter what legal excuses the Attorney General attempts to make.

Your opinion. No more. No less. Nice try, though.
JannyMae
JannyMae

Pundit Level : 10

http://lmaobama.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JannyMae Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:16 pm

This has nothing to do with military interrogations, and you know it. This is a man committing a crime against his girlfriend. Your false equivalence is disingenuous.
JannyMae
JannyMae

Pundit Level : 10

http://lmaobama.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:23 pm

JannyMae wrote:
•Waterboarding is torture. There is no getting around it, no matter what legal excuses the Attorney General attempts to make.

Your opinion. No more. No less. Nice try, though.

The Spanish Inquisitors used a form of torture called the toca. Look it up sometime because it matches with what we call waterboarding today.

Here's a demonstration:

swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by didanyoneusethis Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:29 am

I haven't shared any opinion about water boarding overseas combatants one way or the other. My point is simply that if you're going to try and sell it as wrong, do so in a logical manner. So I agree with the previous poster (JannyMae) that conflating this with the domestic abuse of a woman simply doesn't present a compelling case, unless you're trying to suggest that those interrogators responsible for questioning potential terrorists treat them as if they were their girlfriends. Or In the bigger picture, should potential terrorists captured on the battlefield be treated by US interrogators as if they were American women?

The analogy is somewhat insulting, whether for or against the practice, (and I'm not completely convinced, either way on it). It's not a flattering analogy for women, or to those who've waterboarded in the instances of potential terrorists, where right or wrong, they weren't acting in a cruel way solely for the purpose of their own domestic frustration with having their emotional needs unmet and lack of self control, and/or their own prurient desires.

Not only is there a completely different set of legal circumstances, the motivation is simply not the same. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed wasn't waterboarded because he wasn't in the mood or burned some emotionally retarded man's dinner.

So I'm not saying you can't convince me of the wrong of the practice, just that you'd be better off starting over, without the domestic woman abuse analogy. Your motivation seems to be pure, but wrong approach, just like it may be with this interrogation practice.

didanyoneusethis

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:30 pm

You've made a good point, didy. The comparision offered isn't legit.

In your last line, you called waterboarding an interrogation practice. It is that, but it is torture. Torture-lite, some say. Justified torture, others add.

And some of those in total denial, reject calling waterboarding torture.

It's easy to point at how liberal thinking has taken down our country. It has. It's so much harder to see how so-called conservative thinking has done likewise.

Waterboarding is torture. To deny that it is an erosion of our moral base as much or more than the advocation of gay marriage.

When will America shake off the neoconservative spell cast upon her?
imaginethat
imaginethat

Pundit Level : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Guess I'll sell my surf board and cancel my trip to Bali. Damn, I was looking forward to some good ol fashioned water boarding. Wouldn't wanna be accused of self-inflicted torture.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am

Keep your surfboard, Blade. Ya stand on a surfboard. You'd be tied to a waterboard. Different sports.

Union Charge
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 am

Depending on surf conditions and what my objective is, I may or may not be tied to the board. In any case, I imagine a wipe out in moderate to heavy surf would make that terrible trip on a waterboard seem like a splash in a wading pool. Roiling salt water full of bubbles and sand can be a real bitch. Add to that getting nailed by a stingray (as I did once) and you have a case for torture.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:47 am

didanyoneusethis wrote:I haven't shared any opinion about water boarding overseas combatants one way or the other. My point is simply that if you're going to try and sell it as wrong, do so in a logical manner. So I agree with the previous poster (JannyMae) that conflating this with the domestic abuse of a woman simply doesn't present a compelling case, unless you're trying to suggest that those interrogators responsible for questioning potential terrorists treat them as if they were their girlfriends. Or In the bigger picture, should potential terrorists captured on the battlefield be treated by US interrogators as if they were American women?

The analogy is somewhat insulting, whether for or against the practice, (and I'm not completely convinced, either way on it). It's not a flattering analogy for women, or to those who've waterboarded in the instances of potential terrorists, where right or wrong, they weren't acting in a cruel way solely for the purpose of their own domestic frustration with having their emotional needs unmet and lack of self control, and/or their own prurient desires.

Not only is there a completely different set of legal circumstances, the motivation is simply not the same. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed wasn't waterboarded because he wasn't in the mood or burned some emotionally retarded man's dinner.

So I'm not saying you can't convince me of the wrong of the practice, just that you'd be better off starting over, without the domestic woman abuse analogy. Your motivation seems to be pure, but wrong approach, just like it may be with this interrogation practice.

Actually, I believe the analogy fits, but that's probably because I view the government actions as the same as the actions of any person. In this case, the man suspected of his girlfriend as cheating on him. If he believed he had been wronged, or was going to be wronged, is that not the same action the government would have taken with regards to terrorism?

I don't believe that the government wields legitimate force. While this applies to my own principle of Antistatism, I think that any time a government abuses its use of force, then such actions are illegitimate. I'm sure we can agree on that point.

Waterboarding is torture because interrogation involves talking to someone. Just because the government now says that it isn't torture, doesn't make it so. By that line of logic, abortion is morally correct as well. You cannot pick and choose what is moral and what isn't. There are clear lines that are drawn and we all know this. Mancow Muller didn't think it was torture until he experienced it firsthand. It wasn't a feeling that brought about this conclusion, just the deeper sense that this was clearly wrong.

The other side of this is why we allow obvious sociopaths to work in high levels of military and intelligence? Most military folks who see action come back traumatized to a degree. And yet we allow the bad apples to get promoted and to do all these dirty jobs that would otherwise get them locked up in prison. This is plain dangerous in the long term as well. The waterboarding folks are more than likely not emotionally stable individuals themselves. Much like this disgruntled boyfriend was.

Common interrogation techniques are much more effective that torture. Torture isn't used for information extraction precisely because there comes a point where the person will give false information just to end the pain.

Torture is "the infliction of intense pain (as from burning, crushing, or wounding) to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure". Waterboarding induces a sensation of drowning. Therefore, waterboarding is torture, unless you enjoy drowning.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Bladerunner wrote:Depending on surf conditions and what my objective is, I may or may not be tied to the board. In any case, I imagine a wipe out in moderate to heavy surf would make that terrible trip on a waterboard seem like a splash in a wading pool. Roiling salt water full of bubbles and sand can be a real bitch. Add to that getting nailed by a stingray (as I did once) and you have a case for torture.

Blade, you're talking to a surfer. Been rolled for what seemed like forever, been slammed into the bottom, have been so disoriented that when I headed for the surface, I instead was heading for the bottom. Very Happy

I've been tied to a board, tethered actually. I didn't like it. I've never surfed the really big stuff, but I have been on 10-12 footers, maybe a little larger.

But never did I go into the waves against my will. Self-torture is either really stupid or a lot of fun, depends, or maybe both. Torture is a criminal act.
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down