Covert Classic Conservatives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keith Olbermann suspended

2 posters

Go down

Keith Olbermann suspended Empty Keith Olbermann suspended

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:27 pm

MSNBC Suspends Keith Olbermann Indefinitely for Contributing to Democratic Campaigns

MSNBC announced Friday that it has suspended prime-time host Keith Olbermann indefinitely and without pay for making political contributions to the campaigns of three Democratic candidates.

In a statement provided to FoxNews.com, Phil Griffin, president of the network, said he “became aware of Keith’s political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay.”

Olbermann acknowledged to NBC that he donated $2,400 apiece to the campaigns of Kentucky Senate candidate Jack Conway and Arizona Reps. Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords.

NBC News prohibits its employees from working on, or donating to, political campaigns unless a special exception is granted by the news division president -- effectively a ban. Olbermann's bosses did not find out about the donations until after they were made.

The website Politico first reported the donations.

According to the Politico report, the contributions were made this fall, including one that came just hours after Grijalva appeared on Olbermann’s program.

Olbermann's "Countdown" show, which airs at 8 p.m. ET, is MSNBC's most popular program. He was a co-anchor of MSNBC's election coverage this week.

Chris Hayes will fill in for Olbermann on Friday's program, the network said.

This is what happens to people who are jerks. Eventually, their attitude gets them canned.

And before people contrast him with, say, Bill O'Reilly, I'm sure that O'Reilly isn't a jerk off camera while Olbermann is probably a jerk 24/7.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Keith Olbermann suspended Empty Re: Keith Olbermann suspended

Post by didanyoneusethis Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:56 am

Olberman's punishment for his being an obvious jerk is his poor ratings. If they can him over this, it will really be about poor ratings.

Commentators can give and journalists can't? Really NBC, Olberman is no journalist.

I agree that O'Reilly is probably a nice guy off set but it wouldn't matter, with his ratings. And of course people contrast Keith with Bill, because not only do they air at the same time, Keith spends half his air time seething with resentment and vile hatred over Bill.

Now that I'm working nights, I don't ever catch Bill but try and catch a re-broadcast of Glenn Beck.

didanyoneusethis

Pundit Level : 14
Poster Popularity : 0

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum