Covert Classic Conservatives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unemployment benefit extension. To Hell with it!

3 posters

Go down

Unemployment benefit extension. To Hell with it! Empty Unemployment benefit extension. To Hell with it!

Post by Bladerunner Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:37 pm

My federal EUC benefits will expire in 3 weeks. I just received the application for state extended benefits. They have upped the ante. To receive the state (WA) extended benefits you are subjected to additional job search requirements that include an increase in contacts per week and additional red tape in filing your claim. I have been making contacts since January, 2009. There are none left.

In any case, I am moving out of state next month and, even though I can still file benefit claims and receive payment, I have had enough of this crap. This state can shove their UI benefits up where the sun don't shine. I tossed the application in the trash. Screw it, I am slowly sliding off the grid. My future as an American citizen belongs to me. My future as a human being belongs to God.

Unemployment benefit extension. To Hell with it! 585
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Pundit Level : 198
Poster Popularity : 0

Back to top Go down

Unemployment benefit extension. To Hell with it! Empty Re: Unemployment benefit extension. To Hell with it!

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:19 am

Unemployment benefit extension. To Hell with it! Icon_cheers
Bladerunner, you are probably one of the few people left in America who is willing to make the hard choices. Good luck with your move and I hope you find something better whereever you end up.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Unemployment benefit extension. To Hell with it! Empty Re: Unemployment benefit extension. To Hell with it!

Post by Bladerunner Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:29 am

swiftfoxmark2 wrote:Unemployment benefit extension. To Hell with it! Icon_cheers
Bladerunner, you are probably one of the few people left in America who is willing to make the hard choices. Good luck with your move and I hope you find something better whereever you end up.
Appreciate your wishes, Swifty. The situation I am in now is unsustainable, benefits or no benefits. Yes, it may be a hard choice, but when there are no other options, the choice is simple. Sometimes it is best to just begin with a clean sheet of paper rather than continue scribbling for answers on a worn out scrap that is already covered with ink.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:10 pm

I stand in admiration of your decision, blade!

While I know you're going through a very difficult time, you're also free.....much more free than I am. Please keep us posted as to your progress.

I can't help but think that your decision will empower you in such a way that will surprise everyone....especially you!

God bless!
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Doc Trock wrote:I stand in admiration of your decision, blade!

While I know you're going through a very difficult time, you're also free.....much more free than I am. Please keep us posted as to your progress.

I can't help but think that your decision will empower you in such a way that will surprise everyone....especially you!

God bless!
Thanks, Doc.

Boy, you have no idea of the mental/emotional war I waged with myself. But, you are right, I do feel a burden has been lifted resulting in a greater sense of freedom. Still, there is fear and uncertainty. One thing keeps it all in perspective--I have to remind myself that I am not alone, I am not the only one facing difficult times. It's in God's hands, Doc. Pray for the best, prepare for the worst.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:35 pm

Bladerunner wrote:
Doc Trock wrote:I stand in admiration of your decision, blade!

God bless!
Thanks, Doc.

Boy, you have no idea of the mental/emotional war I waged with myself. But, you are right, I do feel a burden has been lifted resulting in a greater sense of freedom. Still, there is fear and uncertainty. One thing keeps it all in perspective--I have to remind myself that I am not alone, I am not the only one facing difficult times. It's in God's hands, Doc. Pray for the best, prepare for the worst.

Here's the thing.....I am convinced that each of us will be in exactly the same position as you are in the not-so-distant future. I've already made up my mind that I won't practice under Barrycare. If a parallel, cash-only system is legal I'll do that. If they don't allow capitalism at all, I'll become an outlaw and help people without participating in the socialized scheme forced upon us, and/or find some other sort of means.

Either way, my income will drop enough to where my lifestyle is going to change in a big way. I'll have to default on my house and sell the horses. I have no debt other than the mortgage.

So, in some ways, you're a trail blazer. Each of us is going to land in pretty much the same situation in a few short years. I'm preparing for it as best I can......hoping that I can expatriate. But that is not easy at all. Unfortunately, millions of people have the same idea and appointments for renouncing citizenship are now being made for February of 2011.....and that's for people who already hold foreign passports. I've got to buy property outside the US and get a foreign passport and THEN try to get the hell out of here. It may never happen.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum