Covert Classic Conservatives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts)

+2
Doc Trock
dsmbaptist
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) Empty Re: Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts)

Post by dsmbaptist Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:10 pm

So, you want us to be the polar opposite of SND, Charly, and Tatulip? I dunno, man...that's so against the ideals of liberty that Dr. Paul espouses!

But if you gotta have an "enemy canidate", then I guess mindless Obama supporters will fill the bill.
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

Pundit Level : 997
Poster Popularity : 0

http://mitchellandmichael.blogspot.com/ http://michaelsmusings.forumotion.net/forum.htm http://twitter.com/Dsmbear

Back to top Go down

Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) Empty Re: Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts)

Post by Doc Trock Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:08 pm

dsmbaptist wrote:So, you want us to be the polar opposite of SND, Charly, and Tatulip? I dunno, man...that's so against the ideals of liberty that Dr. Paul espouses!

But if you gotta have an "enemy canidate", then I guess mindless Obama supporters will fill the bill.

Obama isn't a good enemy....everyone hates him. We need to have a conservative candidate that we hate......

Awww....who am I fooling. I'm just making a lame attempt at humor. We'll utter Dr. Paul's name when we feel like it, and say "Neocon" if we want to.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:46 am

Oh Doc, you know, and I know, that you don't know, and I don't know, well, nobody knows really, what a neocon is. It's merely a code word.

At most, it's a persuasion, "one that manifests itself over time, but erratically, and one whose meaning we clearly glimpse only in retrospect."

At most, "the historical task and political purpose of neoconservatism would seem to be this: to convert the Republican party, and American conservatism in general, against their respective wills, into a new kind of conservative politics suitable to governing a modern democracy."

And, make no mistake: Neoconservatism isn't about republican forms of government. Nope. "Neocons are familiar with intellectual history and aware that it is only in the last two centuries that democracy has become a respectable option among political thinkers. In earlier times, democracy meant an inherently turbulent political regime, with the "have-nots" and the "haves" engaged in a perpetual and utterly destructive class struggle. It was only the prospect of economic growth in which everyone prospered, if not equally or simultaneously, that gave modern democracies their legitimacy and durability."

Yes. If no one objects too strenuously, then to hell with the Constitution, neocons not only say, but do!!

Smaller government? Pfffft. "Neocons do not feel ... alarm or anxiety about the growth of the state in the past century, seeing it as natural, indeed inevitable." Bigger government is GOOD for you, silly boys and girls.

A neoconservative foreign policy?? Another pfffft. "...there is no set of neoconservative beliefs concerning foreign policy, only a set of attitudes derived from historical experience." Got that? Foreign policy NEVER is or can be a set of attitudes derived from historical experience. NEVER!!! Get this straight in your paleo or (god forbid) libertarian mind. NEVER!!!!!!!!!

One final note. Neocons DO NOT favor preemption. First of all, that would mean neoconservatism has a foreign policy component. IT DOESN'T, OK??? Here's the skinny on preemption: if "you have the kind of power we now have, either you will find opportunities to use it, or the world will discover them for you."

OK? Are we straight on this? I hope so....

(All quotes directly from the Godfather of Neoconseratism's essay, "The Neoconservative Persuasion," fyi)
imaginethat
imaginethat

Pundit Level : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:59 am

Yep.

In spite of the books, the definitions and the self evident proof.....there really is no such thing as a neocon. Certainly not in government.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:04 pm

And do you realize how much time and energy was expended debating this very point at CC?

Rhetorical question, 'cause I know you know.
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmbaptist Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:53 pm

imaginethat wrote:And do you realize how much time and energy was expended debating this very point at CC?

Speaking solely as a Christian here, there comes a point where the Lord instructs us to shake the sand from our sandals and move on. There's also the part where we're supposed to be good stewards with our time and our tallent. CC is a waste of time and tallent for good debators like you two (And Annie, and Caco, and AAA, and Swifty) were over there. And yes, it's a dirty rotten shame that CC is full of ignoranumuses that don't want to learn anything new. And yes, it's a shame that you two were banned because you took time to research the crap out of a talking point, and therefore posted more than the average poster there, but that's spilled milk...nothing that we can do about that now.

I guess substanance isn't as good or necessary as style is at CC, huh?

And in case you're wondering, yes, things are pretty dull over at CC since you two got canned. BH pretty much runs Main, with Swim close at hand. Nobody to counter them. Annie and Caco have pretty much disappeared, and I stay out of Main except to post Federalist Quotes.

Oh, and since I'm the only one who questions 911, do you think that I'm going to hit on that subject? Oh, hell no! Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) Fresse

So...I pretty much post junk on TLS and wait for someone like abbi to get on my arse about some trivial crap like she did last week. I used to frown at you guys when you were delibertly trying to get banned, because I see getting banned as something that is dishonorable, because I see it as you're basiclly dishonoring the authorities, and that's a bad thing, according to Romans 13 and Hebrews 13...

...But screw that! I'm going to really get into it with Chary or Tats some day, and if they ban me, I won't come back for banning#2 and #3...I'll just leave!

Beisdes...Everyone that I really care about, with the exception of the lovely MUT are either here, on other forums, or on facebook, or in my email list, so I really don't need CC anymore.

And speaking of MUT...She's been AWOL for at least six weeks, and I suspect that she got tired of CC when Tats blew her "These are the rules, and no, you can't degrade my hero, George Bush anymore cuz I said so!" fuze.

Okay...have I missed anything? I don't think so! Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) Icon_basketball
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

http://mitchellandmichael.blogspot.com/ http://michaelsmusings.forumotion.net/forum.htm http://twitter.com/Dsmbear

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Actually, MUT was on vacation for a large portion of this summer. Her blog has been sparsely updated.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:11 am

dsmbaptist wrote:
imaginethat wrote:And do you realize how much time and energy was expended debating this very point at CC?

Speaking solely as a Christian here, there comes a point where the Lord instructs us to shake the sand from our sandals and move on. There's also the part where we're supposed to be good stewards with our time and our tallent. CC is a waste of time and tallent for good debators like you two (And Annie, and Caco, and AAA, and Swifty) were over there. And yes, it's a dirty rotten shame that CC is full of ignoranumuses that don't want to learn anything new. And yes, it's a shame that you two were banned because you took time to research the crap out of a talking point, and therefore posted more than the average poster there, but that's spilled milk...nothing that we can do about that now.

I guess substanance isn't as good or necessary as style is at CC, huh?

And in case you're wondering, yes, things are pretty dull over at CC since you two got canned. BH pretty much runs Main, with Swim close at hand. Nobody to counter them. Annie and Caco have pretty much disappeared, and I stay out of Main except to post Federalist Quotes.

Oh, and since I'm the only one who questions 911, do you think that I'm going to hit on that subject? Oh, hell no! Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) Fresse

So...I pretty much post junk on TLS and wait for someone like abbi to get on my arse about some trivial crap like she did last week. I used to frown at you guys when you were delibertly trying to get banned, because I see getting banned as something that is dishonorable, because I see it as you're basiclly dishonoring the authorities, and that's a bad thing, according to Romans 13 and Hebrews 13...

...But screw that! I'm going to really get into it with Chary or Tats some day, and if they ban me, I won't come back for banning#2 and #3...I'll just leave!

Beisdes...Everyone that I really care about, with the exception of the lovely MUT are either here, on other forums, or on facebook, or in my email list, so I really don't need CC anymore.

And speaking of MUT...She's been AWOL for at least six weeks, and I suspect that she got tired of CC when Tats blew her "These are the rules, and no, you can't degrade my hero, George Bush anymore cuz I said so!" fuze.

Okay...have I missed anything? I don't think so! Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) Icon_basketball

What a Face

You mean, all the people Doc and I "ran off" haven't reappeared, guys like Fayebeck, Shakespeare, Smitty?

You mean, Tat and Chary and Carl aren't taking advantage of the new, improved Main? That TBA isn't feeling free to post more "one emoticon" posts? That SND is letting go by the opportunity to expound further upon the "free and open" atmosphere at CC?

You mean, all the efforts of those who worked diligently, complaining night and day without rest, without thought for themselves or even the welfare of their families, dedicating themselves totally to the restoration of Covert Conservative principles ...

You mean, freed from the annoyance of having to provide evidence beyond "I seem to remember," lightened by having to repeat, near constantly, that "the parties are not EXACTLY the same, you morons," and of course, cleansed of the Curse of Paul.....

You mean with all of that, the CC Renaissance is a dud?

(Thanks for your compliment, DSM Smile )
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:37 pm

Is that how it's done, DSM? Taunt, aggrevate, and tease like a school yard bully, then do the "Na na na na naaa na! Boy, I showed you" and thumb your nose as you go out the door?

If the folks at CC are so under your skin, why not just cowboy up and say "Adios"?
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Pundit Level : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Bladerunner wrote:
Is that how it's done, DSM? Taunt, aggrevate, and tease like a school yard bully, then do the "Na na na na naaa na! Boy, I showed you" and thumb your nose as you go out the door?

If the folks at CC are so under your skin, why not just cowboy up and say "Adios"?

It's good advice DSM.

Though I never tried to be banned, I saw that if I continued stating my mind, I would be banned. Once I saw that, I should have said, "Adios." I didn't, and wasted a lot of my time

It's good advice.....
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmbaptist Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Well, let me clairify, Paul...Blade. After you and Doc and Swifty got banned, if you add to that, Tat's "Don't nobody dare bash Bush, I won't allow it!" rant, I've lost my enthusiasm for Coverts.

I did mis-state myself, and I apologise! I am not going to delibertly go out and get banned, but I sure as hell am not going to watch my ps and qs anymore. What I was trying to say, but failed to get acrross was I'm just not going to be the "perfect angel" that you guys have known me to be in the past.

Let me put it this way...the next time Tats has another one of her spaz out sessions, I'm going say what I meant to say the last time and should have said, but didn't. And this next time, not care if I get banned. I will always strive to be a gentleman for whatever time I will be there, but there's only so much abuse that I'll take from a power hungry mod like Tats and Chary.

And I'll make sure that I say it BEFORE Chary has a chance to lock the thread!

Is that better? Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) Icon_scratch
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:29 pm

dsmbaptist wrote:Well, let me clairify, Paul...Blade. After you and Doc and Swifty got banned, if you add to that, Tat's "Don't nobody dare bash Bush, I won't allow it!" rant, I've lost my enthusiasm for Coverts.

I did mis-state myself, and I apologise! I am not going to delibertly go out and get banned, but I sure as hell am not going to watch my ps and qs anymore. What I was trying to say, but failed to get acrross was I'm just not going to be the "perfect angel" that you guys have known me to be in the past.

Let me put it this way...the next time Tats has another one of her spaz out sessions, I'm going say what I meant to say the last time and should have said, but didn't. And this next time, not care if I get banned. I will always strive to be a gentleman for whatever time I will be there, but there's only so much abuse that I'll take from a power hungry mod like Tats and Chary.

Is that better? Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) Icon_scratch
So, lemme see if I have this straight: you've lost your enthusiasm for CC, but you are gonna hang out there just waiting until Tat goes ballistic again, then you are going to fire both barrells with the expectation of getting banned? I guess my problem is if I lose my enthusiasm for something, I just kiss it goodbye. The other problem I have is that I just don't give a sh*t. Put in perspective, a power hungry forum admin is a freaking pimple on a whale's arse compared to just one of the power hungry administrators running this nation.

Don't sweat the small stuff, DSM. Leave with your dignity intact and put your energies into things far more important than a woman with a chip on her shoulder.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Bladerunner wrote:
dsmbaptist wrote:Well, let me clairify, Paul...Blade. After you and Doc and Swifty got banned, if you add to that, Tat's "Don't nobody dare bash Bush, I won't allow it!" rant, I've lost my enthusiasm for Coverts.

So, lemme see if I have this straight: you've lost your enthusiasm for CC, but you are gonna hang out there just waiting until Tat goes ballistic again, then you are going to fire both barrells with the expectation of getting banned? I guess my problem is if I lose my enthusiasm for something, I just kiss it goodbye. The other problem I have is that I just don't give a sh*t. Put in perspective, a power hungry forum admin is a freaking pimple on a whale's arse compared to just one of the power hungry administrators running this nation.

Don't sweat the small stuff, DSM. Leave with your dignity intact and put your energies into things far more important than a woman with a chip on her shoulder.

I agree with Blade here. My account was re-activated over at CC, but I've only gone back there to clear up my profile and grab a few things (like the rules for this board, which I modified). Other than that, I left them behind and haven't been back there.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmbaptist Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Hey, if she bans me after I call her out...she bans me! So, why do I stay? Maybe there's a blissfully niave child-like hope in me that is waiting for a libertarian revival of some sort at Coverts?

I dunno!

Maybe it's because of the few remaining decent people there that I stay.

Maybe I'm holding on to fond memories of a place that no longer exists, and there's a part of me that refuses to belive that the CC that I once knew has been taken over. Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) Icon_sad

Damn...I don't know what to think anymore, Blade! You're probably right about leaving with my dignity intact.

Blade...you're making me think...stop that! Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) 75882

Sigh!

Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) 27116
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:57 pm

Careful, DSM, thinking can be dangerous. The thing to remember about forums is when someone on there gets under your skin and you know beyond doubt that an intelligent debate is impossible, treat it like a bad TV show, just pick up the remote and change the channel. Or, as I often do, shut the damned thing off.

I still post over there. But, as fortune would have it, my time on there (and here on this forum) is short. The end of next week (Aug 20th) I will be leaving on a thousand mile trip to relocate in a rather remote area of southern Nevada, and I am not certain whether or not I will be able to reconnect on the internet. I am going to check out my options when I get there. If I can get back on, I will. I am, in a sense, moving farther "off the grid" and, at the very least, will do my part in unseating that pathetic excuse for a senate majority leader. In the mean time, wish me luck--if luck it is I need. It is in God's hands.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmbaptist Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Blade---best of God's will for your life, and thanks for forcing me to sort out my feelings!
Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) 71117
As for what to do with Coverts...I've decided to only post only on my Quotes thread and leave the rest the hell alone for now.
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:27 am

DSM, I think you've gotten the point, best stated by Blade. CC AIN'T WORTH A DROP OF YOUR SWEAT. It's NOT going to have a revival. It's sad for me to say, but I doubt the GOP will have any sort of revival either.

Believe it or not, some libs are lamenting the takeover of the Dem Party by big money. One day, if certain libs and certain conservatives can just put aside their differences - which are substantial, to be sure - and concentrate our forces on Big Money, Big Bankers, Big (multi-national) Business .... Remember, I'm still in Ukraine, and the evidence I'm seeing mounts that Big "whatever you want to call it" is fast working to bring the Uniculture to Uknraine, just sadder than hell. I like the Ukrainian culture. I HATE seeing a McDonalds or a Domino's on the same block as a 17th-century building....

Big Whatever OWNS the leadership of the D and R parties, and at the top levels of both parties, they are for ALL practical purposes EXACTLY the same. Yes, I said EXACTLY the same.

MANY, of the rank-and-file of both parties don't see this. Yep, DSM, it was my hope too, to open some eyes at CC. Alas, it ain't happenin'.

---------

And Blade, best wishes, best regards. You gotta place in my prayers, and a place in my heart. We don't agree on everything, but we sure as hell agree on most of what counts.

Blessings to ya, bro'....
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:47 pm

Well, guys. Many thanks for the best wishes. I have truly enjoyed my association with you all. Lot of words available to describe the experience--challenging, enlightening, inspiring, didactic, alarming, worrisome, maddening, frustrating, and the list goes on, but above all, caring. It is good to know there are folks out there who give a damn.

As I said, I am going to make every effort to connect again. Three days left and I'll be off for awhile.

Maybe I should maintain a PMA and sign off by saying, "See y'all in a minute."

God speed,
Blade
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Oh, BTW, I am going to post a farewell at CC. As DSM said, I too have some fond memories of my participation over there.

For one thing, that's where I bumped into you characters. lol!

And, DSM, just so ya know. Iowa was my second choice for my relocation. I lived there 20 years and loved it. But, my sis down in Nevada needs me.

Motercycle
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:23 pm

I know I speak for pretty much everyone....

We hope to see you back here ASAP.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:43 pm

Talik about theread drift.... ROFLMAO!!!

Hope to see you back Blade.

And, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, just to get the thread back on track...

...and oh yeah, screw unconstitutional wars, the ones that make money for some and never end...

...but, but, we're doing better, new tactics, new commanders, probably in six months, we will be having the (whoever du jour) taking more responsibility for their security, stop yer Bush bashing, the parties ARE NOT exactly the same, neocon is indeed code for Jew, and libertarians really are liberals, and godless to boot.

That 'bout covers it, right?
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmbaptist Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Well, there's been a development in the last 24 hours...Brother Caco posted something on Main a day or 2 ago, and ONLY because of Caco...I'm going to tough it out and jump into the fray when and where I can. But other than that, I'm going lo lie low and then disappear from Coverts. Considering the hostile atmostphere towards libertarians that's developed there, I doubt that I'd be missed much.

Viva La brotherhood!
Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) 585
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmbaptist Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Hey Blade...there's always the public library. Don't be a stranger, Okay? Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) 71117
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:41 am

Still struggling with thread drift, sooooooo..........

Coverts .... The Trouble With Unconstitutional Wars ..... anyone get the connection?

With that last incarnation of "rules" at Coverts, it effectively went from being a "republic" to a "democracy." The last incarnation of rules pretty much said, yeah, we've got rules, but in the final analysis, the mods can interpret them, or ignore them, as they see fit....

....exactly what has happened to our nation.....
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmbaptist Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:09 am

I'm sorry for the thread drift, Paul!

Anyway, the trouble with unconstitutional wars to me is:

They're a slap in the face of the men who faught King George and risked everything to frame our constitution.

And two, they're profitable ONLY for the select few and thirdly...

...Augustine is rolling over in his grave! Lamenting over what once was a happy place (Coverts) Icon_evil
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next