Covert Classic Conservatives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official: Satellite Failure Means Decade of Global Warming Data Doubtful

2 posters

Go down

Official: Satellite Failure Means Decade of Global Warming Data Doubtful Empty Official: Satellite Failure Means Decade of Global Warming Data Doubtful

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:16 am

Official: Satellite Failure Means Decade of Global Warming Data Doubtful

US Government admits satellite temperature readings “degraded.” All data taken offline in shock move. Global warming temperatures may be 10 to 15 degrees too high.

The fault was first detected after a tip off from an anonymous member of the public to climate skeptic blog, Climate Change Fraud (view original article) (August 9, 2010).

Caught in the center of the controversy is the beleaguered taxpayer funded National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). NOAA’s Program Coordinator, Chuck Pistis has now confirmed that the fast spreading story on the respected climate skeptic blog is true.

However, NOAA spokesman, Program Coordinator, Chuck Pistis declined to state how long the fault might have gone undetected. Nor would the shaken spokesman engage in speculation as to the damage done to the credibility of a decade’s worth of temperature readings taken from the problematic ‘NOAA-16’ satellite.

‘NOAA-16’ was launched in September 2000, and is currently operational, in a sun-synchronous orbit, 849 km above the Earth, orbiting every 102 minutes providing automated data feed of surface temperatures which are fed into climate computer models.

NOAA has reported a succession of record warm temperatures in recent years based on such satellite readings but these may now all be undermined.

World-renowned Canadian climatologist, Dr. Timothy Ball, after casting his expert eye over the shocking findings concluded, “At best the entire incident indicates gross incompetence, at worst it indicates a deliberate attempt to create a temperature record that suits the political message of the day.”

Given the religious aspects of Global Warming, where the adherents are vehemently pushing a hugely Statist world movement, I'm inclined to believe this was intentional.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Official: Satellite Failure Means Decade of Global Warming Data Doubtful Empty Re: Official: Satellite Failure Means Decade of Global Warming Data Doubtful

Post by Owen 16 Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:57 am

I'm inclined to agree that it was intentional. Especially since continued funding for the NOAA was in part contingent upon these findings.

I'm beginning to wonder why Al Gore even bothers to show his face. But then I guess that, in the hubris that is necessary to plunge the world into a deep recession to placate your own fantasies, humility cannot be found.

On a side note, am I the only person who is amused by this guy's name, Pistis? Because he sure has pissed us off.
Owen 16
Owen 16

Pundit Level : 33
Poster Popularity : 0

Back to top Go down