Covert Classic Conservatives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s Official: Southern Poverty Law Center Is Now Part of DHS

4 posters

Go down

It’s Official: Southern Poverty Law Center Is Now Part of DHS Empty It’s Official: Southern Poverty Law Center Is Now Part of DHS

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:55 pm

It’s Official: Southern Poverty Law Center Is Now Part of DHS

As the below document makes clear, Southern Poverty Law Center is Now Officially Part of DHS. The CEO of SPLC now sits on the DHS “Working Group on Countering Violent Extremism” along with the leaders of other So-called Non Government Organizations (but can we really call them such now that they are part of the government?) And select “law enforcement” officers such as the Clark County Nevada Sheriff, Doug Gillespie. What does the working group do? Make recommendations on training and how to use all of the local resources – police, social services, media, NGO’s, you name it – to fight “extremism. So, now no need to file a FOIA request to discover that SPLC is writing the reports naming constitutionalists as possible terrorists. Now it is in your face and the mask is off.

When you read the below document, keep in mind the current ordeal of the Irish family where their newborn baby was taken based on an affidavit that notes the father’s “association with a militia group known as Oath Keepers.”. Pay attention to who sits on this panel (see pages 26-30), to who DOESN’T, how they plan on reaching DHS tentacles down into every level of society, and how they talk overtly about the need to utilize local SOCIAL WELFARE and MENTAL HEALTH agencies to counter “violent extremism.”. In other words, what is now being done to the Irish family will be done all over.

This is the overt politicization of DHS, to use it against political enemies

Link to the document

Well, it looks like the DHS is getting politicized. Thank you conservatives for bringing us another layer of bureaucracy that the liberals are now using to oppress us.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

It’s Official: Southern Poverty Law Center Is Now Part of DHS Empty Re: It’s Official: Southern Poverty Law Center Is Now Part of DHS

Post by Doc Trock Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:48 pm

yep. thanks conservatives.

special thanks to Bush and Cheney.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322
Poster Popularity : 0

Back to top Go down

It’s Official: Southern Poverty Law Center Is Now Part of DHS Empty Re: It’s Official: Southern Poverty Law Center Is Now Part of DHS

Post by imaginethat Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:04 am

Yes indeed, and I feel so much more ... so much more ..... much more secure, and ... and ... it all seems so ... so ..... scripted.

I wonder if any of our former forum mates have ever realized what they were saying when they reassured themselves saying: Keep your nose clean and you'll be cool. No worries.
imaginethat
imaginethat

Pundit Level : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:09 am

Here we go again! Since when was Dubya a conservative? Is there no cure for BHS?
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Pundit Level : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:02 am

No, Dubya wasn't conservative, but conservatives supported his creation of the DHS and the USA PATRIOT Act. They still do, as far as I know.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:35 am

Give it up Blade. The "Bush bashing" retort is a pure, CC response, as meaningless now as it ever was. Plus, I don't see where anyone was "bashing Bush" anyway.

Keep your nose clean. No worries then.
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:47 pm

imaginethat wrote:Give it up Blade. The "Bush bashing" retort is a pure, CC response, as meaningless now as it ever was. Plus, I don't see where anyone was "bashing Bush" anyway.

Gee, thanks IT. Nice to see that CC is still in your crosshairs. Maybe you too should give it up.

One thing for sure, Bush and Cheney do not hate America.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:55 pm

I love my country, but it wants a divorce.

What else should I be doing?
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 am

Bladerunner wrote:
imaginethat wrote:Give it up Blade. The "Bush bashing" retort is a pure, CC response, as meaningless now as it ever was. Plus, I don't see where anyone was "bashing Bush" anyway.

Gee, thanks IT. Nice to see that CC is still in your crosshairs. Maybe you too should give it up.

One thing for sure, Bush and Cheney do not hate America.

Well Blade, I haven't seen BHS used since I "left" CC. True.

As far as I can go Blade: Bush and Cheney believed that they loved America. That's it. That's as far as I can go. Points scored for their belief. Our guys, the lesser of two evils.

Federal workforce increased substantially under Bush
Scripps Howard News Service ^ | Jan. 22, 2004 | THOMAS HARGROVE
Posted on 01/26/2004 7:19:37 PM PST by Anthem

WASHINGTON -- Big government is back.

Since President Bush took office, the federal government's domestic civilian workforce has increased by more than 79,000 jobs, nearly a 5 percent increase. And the number of government workers paid at least $130,000 annually has tripled.

Much of the increase came with the creation of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security two years ago. But the nation's war on terrorism does not account for all of the rise. The Department of Health and Human Services, for example, has added 1,445 employees since President Bill Clinton left office.

"We are seeing a general growth in the size of government. That is just a fact," said Bob Moffit, former deputy assistant health secretary during the Reagan administration and now a scholar at the conservative Heritage Foundation. "And the increases did not all go to Homeland Security. The rise in federal discretionary spending, frankly, has been breathtaking."

A study of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management records by Scripps Howard News Service has found that the domestic federal workforce grew from 1,697,753 people in September 2000 to 1,777,217 in September 2003, the most recent information available. That is an increase of 79,464 people, more than the population of Dubuque, Iowa, and nearly identical to the seating capacity of Giants Stadium.

Federal workers paid $130,000 annually _ the highest wage category reported in personnel records _ rose from 6,249 people receiving at least $812 million in 2000 to at least 21,178 people earning more than $2.7 billion. Both the number of top-wage earners and their aggregate salaries more than tripled in three years.

The White House on Thursday defended the increases.
http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1065860/posts

Note the date, please. Round and round in a circle we go.
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:50 am

imaginethat wrote:In your opinion, is pointing this out BHS?
Dunno, IT, maybe it's just BS. What's happening now pales in comparison to the stuff you dug up to make your point.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:04 pm

Loving America can mean different things to different people.

I am of the opinion that when many people, especially conservative republicans, say they "love America," what they are saying is that they love the nation, the flag, the homeland, police and especially the military strength of America, the country.

When I say I love America, I'm not saying any of that at all. In fact, I hate our government, could care less about our homeland, and I am both alarmed and saddened at the increase in the domestic police state and the jackass way we use our military.

When I say I love America, I am referring specifically to the liberty we once enjoyed when we more closely followed our constitution.

Bush and Cheney are absolutely in the former group. They despised the constitution, treated the people with contempt (and thus were treated with contempt by the people) and everything they did decreased liberty and increased government.

Patriotism and nationalism are two very different things....often confused for one another.

Obama? Sure, he's worse. Big deal. We would have sunk with McCain too.....just not as fast, maybe.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:22 pm

The lesser of two evils is evil. I think of past debates when the lesser of two evils was defended ... to "buy us time," .... to "slow down" the greater of two evils.

I'm through supporting the lesser of two evils. If that means the country crashes sooner than later, or that things get out of hand, out of peoples' comfort zone to the point where they do something, good.

In fact, Obama winning in 2008 has done just that.
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:36 pm

Bladerunner wrote:
imaginethat wrote:In your opinion, is pointing this out BHS?
Dunno, IT, maybe it's just BS. What's happening now pales in comparison to the stuff you dug up to make your point.

Maybe BHS is and has been BS, too.

For you maybe I've dug up stuff to make my point. But for me, it's just remembering the points I made at the time.

I understand that people who voted for Bush once or twice had a hell of a time admitting that Bush and the GOP of the Glory Days were jackasses who screwed the country and screwed the citizens. Criticism at the time was called unpatriotic (gotta support the pres during a time of war), cowardly (the cut and run argument), and liberals (anyone who doesn't support the wars MUST be a liberal). After a while, criticism of Bush et al simply was dubbed BHS or BDS.

One of the toughest admissions for a human to make is: I was fooled, and, I supported the screwing at the time. But, as time goes by, I see more of the fooled coming 'round, which is a very good sign.

The good thing about Obama is this: If it wasn't for him, Bush would be the worst US president in a long, long while.

imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 am

imaginethat wrote:The good thing about Obama is this: If it wasn't for him, Bush would be the worst US president in a long, long while.
In your lifetime maybe, certainly not in mine.
Moreover, that is a lousy yardstick with which to measure a president.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:12 am

What lousy yardstick? To say that Bush is exceeded only by Obama when it comes to certain parameters?

I have not lived during any presidency worse than the current one. Second place goes to Bush. And I say that from a studied historical perspective. Challengers for third place include Wilson, FDR, and LBJ.
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:15 am

imaginethat wrote:What lousy yardstick?
Obama. No president in our history can, or even should, be compared to him. He is in a league all by himself. But it's OK, IT, you see our succession of presidents as a continuum; I don't.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by imaginethat Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:02 am

Bladerunner wrote:
Obama. No president in our history can, or even should, be compared to him. He is in a league all by himself. But it's OK, IT, you see our succession of presidents as a continuum; I don't.

I agree O is in a category all to himself. How do you see our succession of presidents, Blade?
imaginethat
imaginethat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:18 pm

imaginethat wrote:
Bladerunner wrote:

I agree O is in a category all to himself. How do you see our succession of presidents, Blade?
I'll try to explain. For better or worse, from George Washington to George Bush, our presidents served this nation, some poorly, some magnificently, and many somewhere in between. Some were leaders of the people, some were managers of the government. None of them were enemies of the United States. FDR was in office when I was born, GW was my 12th president. And, although superstition has nothing to do with it, I do not acknowledge O as the 13th POTUS in my lifetime. The election of BHO, in my opinion, was an absolute betrayal. Some surreal boundry was crossed, the succession was broken, and now we have an enemy of the United States in the WH. And, that is why he is in a league all to himself.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:29 am

Obama is probably the first true product of the Left-wing student movement of the 1960s and 70s, setting aside his upbringing of course. He was taught it from the first day he had cognitive functions and he continues to believe it to this day.

I don't believe he views what he is doing as working against the United States, but working for the people of the United States to make things better for all. He is a ideologue and therefore a puppet to the darker interests of many insiders beyond the rim of insanity. The ideology is inconsequential to them so long as their desires and goals are met.

So when Obama stops prosecution of the Black Panthers, for example, he can do so without running afoul of the global leaders who got him into power. But if he were to pull the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan or open investigations on the outright banking foreclosure frauds, well, there might be Hell to pay from his masters.

I know this all seems conspiratorial, but I truly believe that there are men working behind the scenes to manipulate events to their benefit any which way they can. And while I can't name anyone specifically, except maybe George Soros, I know they exist. When you look at the patterns of governing that our past and our current President have taken, you'll see a distinct set of policies that don't change no matter who takes office.

With an organization like the Southern Poverty Law Center now a part of the DHS, this allows them to wield some political strength against honest men who would rather serve citizen than force them to serve the 'masters'. It reminds me of the Nightwatch organization in the show Babylon 5.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:25 pm

swiftfoxmark2 wrote:Obama is probably the first true product of the Left-wing student movement of the 1960s and 70s, setting aside his upbringing of course. He was taught it from the first day he had cognitive functions and he continues to believe it to this day.

I don't believe he views what he is doing as working against the United States, but working for the people of the United States to make things better for all. He is a ideologue and therefore a puppet to the darker interests of many insiders beyond the rim of insanity. The ideology is inconsequential to them so long as their desires and goals are met.

So when Obama stops prosecution of the Black Panthers, for example, he can do so without running afoul of the global leaders who got him into power. But if he were to pull the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan or open investigations on the outright banking foreclosure frauds, well, there might be Hell to pay from his masters.

I know this all seems conspiratorial, but I truly believe that there are men working behind the scenes to manipulate events to their benefit any which way they can. And while I can't name anyone specifically, except maybe George Soros, I know they exist. When you look at the patterns of governing that our past and our current President have taken, you'll see a distinct set of policies that don't change no matter who takes office.

With an organization like the Southern Poverty Law Center now a part of the DHS, this allows them to wield some political strength against honest men who would rather serve citizen than force them to serve the 'masters'. It reminds me of the Nightwatch organization in the show Babylon 5.
Any way you want to slice it, Swifty, Obama is an enemy of the United States. The statement above highlighted red simply does not, in any way, shape or form, agree with what he has said and done. None of his actions can convince me that he is "working for the people of the United States to make things better for all."
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Blade, I didn't disagree with you.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down