Covert Classic Conservatives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Police State Thread

+4
Owen 16
dsmbaptist
Doc Trock
swiftfoxmark2
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Official Police State Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Police State Thread

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:58 pm

swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:18 pm

This link has lot's of other links:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/65017.html

September 5, 2010
Badge-Toting Pyschotic Shoots Up Home, Gets Off Scot-Free
Posted by William Grigg on September 5, 2010 01:36 AM

“This guy … just tried to run my husband over!” exclaimed Arkansas resident Cindy Nelson in a frantic 911 call on July 21. “Oh, my God — he’s shooting at us! Oh, my God!”

A few minutes later, Fred Ensminger — the deranged assailant — placed a 911 call of his own.

“This is Diamondhead 1106…. I have been shot and I need medical at my front gate ASAP.”

Ensminger, as we will see anon, is a recidivist criminal, but he is no run-of-the-mill psychotic. He is employed by the Police Department of Diamondhead Arkansas, a gated community located south of Hot Springs.

A few minutes before Cindy Nelson told a 911 dispatcher that a “guy with a badge” was trying to murder her husband, she had passed Ensminger’s pickup truck, which was parked by the side of the road.

As Nelson started to go around the truck, Ensminger pulled out in front of her. According to an eyewitness, Ensminger “stopped suddenly,” causing Nelson to slam on her brakes to avoid a collision.

According to the witness, Ensminger climbed out of his pickup truck and began to harangue Nelson. She reacted by pulling around him and proceeding down the road. An infuriated Ensminger followed in close pursuit.

With Ensinger’s pickup truck looming in her rear-view, Nelson called her husband, Jerry Chambliss, and told him that she was being followed. She had no idea at this point that her stalker was an off-duty police officer.

After Nelson entered the gated community, Chambliss went into the driveway “with my arms up, palms out, hollering stop, stop, stop, what are you doing?” he later told investigators.

Ensminger gunned the pickup forward, striking Chambliss and knocking him down. He then compounded this act of attempted vehicular homicide by grabbing a shotgun and firing several rounds into the garage. At some point Ensminger punctuated his acts of attempted criminal homicide by flashing his state-issued costume jewelry.

Chambliss raced into the house and retrieved a loaded 9mm handgun and returned fire, striking Ensminger in the shoulder and forcing the assailant to withdraw.

After Ensminger called for backup, Nelson made a second 911 call requesting a police officer. When the dispatcher replied that an officer was already on the premises, Nelson suggested that it might be worthwhile to send someone other than the person who had just perforated her home with gunfire.

Following surgery to remove the bullet he had received as a consolation prize for finishing second in a shoot-out, Ensminger filed the predictably perjurious official report. He claimed to have observed Nelson driving erratically, and that she had attempted to run him over when he displayed the trinket denoting his supposed authority.

That claim was demolished by contradictory eyewitness testimony, which established that while Ensminger screamed at Nelson and wagged a finger in her direction, he never flashed his badge.

Ensminger offered a similarly mendacious version of his encounter with Chambliss. In the officer’s account, he was confronted by an “angry unknown man” who slammed on the hood of his car telling him to get out of the driveway.

In this depiction, Chambliss shot Ensminger without provocation, and the off-duty cop returned fire in self-defense. Once again, that account couldn’t be reconciled with the evidence assembled during an investigation by the Arkansas State Police.

In his official report, state Prosecuting Attorney Steve Oliver concluded that Chambliss “was justified in using deadly physical force in the defense of himself and his wife on July 21, 2010…. Under Arkansas law, Mr. Chambliss was not required to retreat if he was not the original aggressor.”

This of necessity means that Fred Ensminger, the “original aggressor,” committed multiple acts of criminal assault, and thus be subject to prosecution — correct?

Well, no.

Oliver ruled that Ensminger displayed “poor judgment in his aggressive pursuit of Ms. Nelson to her residence but he acted with the belief that he was justified under color of law.”

This unsupportable, invalid “belief” appears sufficient to exculpate Ensminger’s repeated attempts to murder Jerry Chambliss. Oliver doesn’t provide any other explanation for his decision not to file criminal charges of any kind against Ensminger, who not only remains free but is still on active duty with the Diamondhead Police Department.

“Just because he has a badge he does not have the right to come down and kill citizens,” Chambliss complained to Little Rock’s Fox affiliate. According to Oliver, that state-issued bauble does indeed confer the authority to commit acts of discretionary murder. Oliver’s report clearly suggests that if Ensminger had displayed his chintzy totem of official privilege during the highway confrontation with Cindy Nelson, Chambliss would be facing criminal charges.

Significantly, the shootout between Ensinger and Chambliss was originally described by the Diamondhead Police and the local media as growing out of a “domestic dispute.”

Chief Pat Mahoney and Garland County Deputy Judy Daniel told Little Rock’s Fox 16 News that they were concerned about their injured comrade, who had been stricken in the line of duty as he was “investigating” a purported episode of domestic violence.

That official lie is indigestibly rich in irony, given the fact that Ensminger — a “gypsy cop” who has been repeatedly fired and punished for disciplinary infractions and criminal acts — was himself arrested on a domestic violence charge in 2006. The victim in that assault, which took place in front of the police station in Alexander, Arkansas, was a female police officer.

“We are very happy that the officer is OK and extremely glad that the suspect is in custody,” stated Deputy Daniel shortly after that heroic defender of public order tried to murder Jerry Chambliss. “It just makes it easier on everybody, the other officers, his family.”

Note how this description of “everybody” refers exclusively to those employed as agents of government coercion. The “civilian” who used righteous force to repel Ensminger’s criminal assault apparently doesn’t count. Mere Mundanes never do.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322
Poster Popularity : 0

Back to top Go down

Official Police State Thread - Page 2 Empty Wister woman contests arrest, says chief used excessive force

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:22 am

Wister woman contests arrest, says chief used excessive force

Brenda Martin says she left jail with a dislocated knee, bruised ribs and a black eye after she was pushed from behind, her legs kicked from under her and shoved into the ground by the city's police chief.

The incident resulted in more than $1,500 in medical bills, said Martin, 50. She obtained a video of the ordeal and posted it to YouTube to bring attention to the department.

Martin said she's contesting her July 13 arrest when she went to City Hall to complain about how a police investigation into the death of a Wister resident was being handled.

"You can see exactly how I was treated, but it doesn't even touch on what was done to me emotionally," she said. "I think people need to know how things are being handled here."

Wister is a town of about 1,000 residents in Le Flore County.

What happened

Martin said she confronted Police Chief Chris Ford in his office that afternoon. He asked her to leave. Martin admits she was emotional and upset at the time.

"But it doesn't excuse what happened," she said. "He's a policeman, and he shouldn't have attacked me like that."

As she was leaving, a security camera in town hall captured video of Martin being pushed, her legs quickly swept from beneath her and Ford holding her arms behind her back as he pushes her into the floor.

Martin said she was able to obtain the video after multiple requests to the city.

"I wasn't trying to get away, and I wasn't under arrest," Martin said.

In a statement requested by Martin's attorney, Ford states Martin was "cursing in an extremely loud voice." He describes pushing Martin to get space between them. At that point, Ford states he advised Martin she was under arrest.

He states she continued to walk away from him before he "tripped Martin and she went to the ground." He then describes holding her to the ground.

Complaints of disorderly conduct and disrespecting a police officer were not added because "Martin was complaining of possible injury," Ford states. He then asked his secretary to prepare the paperwork so Martin could be released on her own recognizance to seek medical treatment.

Martin was arrested and taken to the Le Flore County jail on municipal complaints of using profanity in public and resisting arrest, according to Ford's statement.

The video shows two women in the room during the struggle. One uses a phone knocked from Martin's hands to take video and pictures of the ordeal.

Martin said she was screaming for Ford to stop and for the woman to record the incident.

"He lost his cool when he heard me yelling for her to record it," Martin said.

Calls to the city manager and to Ford were not returned Wednesday.

Jeff Mixon, Martin's attorney, said they will contest the charges at her court date Oct. 7.

"I don't think he had the legal authority to lay a hand on her," Mixon said. "Any force at all was beyond his authority."

Ford's statement

There is no arrest or incident report on file at the department, said Randy Liles, who identified himself as the acting police chief of Wister.

Liles said Ford took a leave of absence from the department at the beginning of this month so he could attend college classes.

"After that he'll be reinstated," Liles said. He said the timing of Ford's leave of absence and the incident are not related.

Ford was appointed police chief by the city council in December 2009.

He previously worked for the Le Flore County Sheriff's Department and was deployed to the Middle East while serving in the Oklahoma National Guard.

Liles said the Wister Police Department currently has three full-time and five reserve officers.

So if you complain about the job the police are doing, they can beat you senseless and arrest you. If a private business behaved this way, they'd still be prison.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Riot'76 Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Pat Riot'76

Pundit Level : 49

Back to top Go down

Official Police State Thread - Page 2 Empty I am a criminal

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:00 pm

I am a criminal

Yeah, I thought that title would get your attention. That's right, I'm a criminal.

So what's my crime? I'm not sure yet. But guaranteed, there's something on the law books I've violated and for which I apparently deserve prison time.

And here's the thing: You're a criminal, too. Yes, you. And you, and you, and you. Apparently we are ALL criminals in one form or another.

This notion was confirmed after reading an article about a seafood broker named Abner Schoenwetter who was imprisoned for eight years and required to cough up tens of thousands of dollars in fines for "agreeing to purchase lobster tails that federal prosecutors said violated harvest regulations – in Honduras."

The silliness of Mr. Schoenwetter's "crime" is so great that he's being used as a poster boy for overzealous legislation that makes criminals out of everyone. But no matter what kind of outrage you may feel after reading this guy's story, the fact remains that Mr. Schoenwetter now has a criminal record, cannot vote, and his chances of employment are just about nil. All thanks to some lobster tails.

"Legal experts say there are more than 4,450 federal crimes on the books and as many as 300,000 federal regulations that can be enforced criminally," notes the article. "From 2000 to 2007, Congress created 452 entirely new crimes."

I find that phrasing interesting: Congress created 452 entirely new crimes. Out of what, thin air? Amazing.

So, like it or not, somewhere among those 4,450 federal crimes and 300,000 federal regulations, there are no doubt numerous violations I'm committing on a daily basis simply by existing. And apparently for any number of these crimes, I can be incarcerated right along with gangsters, murderers and child abusers. Isn't that nice?

The thing that concerns me about this plethora of crimes, laws and regulations is that the penalties and punishments may not necessarily fit the crime, but they might well fit the political suasion.

What I mean is this. What prevents a judicial system from favoring those with approved political affiliation and punishing those of differing affiliation? What prevents a judge from handing down different sentences depending on whether you're a liberal Democrat or a conservative tea-party member?

If you remember that lovely report on right-wing extremism put out by the Department of Homeland Security, anyone who disagrees with the current administration can be construed as a domestic terrorist. To my dismay, I learned I fit the profile perfectly.

With federal crimes "created" out of thin air, it seems within the realm of possibility that "violators" who don't like a political administration can have vindictive charges levied against them. See my point?

After all, it's well-known that individuals are targeted by government officials merely for holding different opinions. Rush Limbaugh, I've heard, is audited every single year just for being Rush Limbaugh.

And that's why I'm worried. Who knows what obscure federal regulation I'm violating? Which government goons are waiting to swoop down on me in the middle of the night and haul me away? Or does that make me sound paranoid? I dunno, ask Mr. Schoenwetter.

Ayn Rand (of "Atlas Shrugged" fame) wrote, "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." My husband and I have always been big proponents of individual rights. It's why we refuse to surrender our children to the brainwashing in public schools. It's why we try to live an independent and self-sufficient lifestyle in a rural location.

But to federal bureaucrats, such an attitude on our part must mean we're up to something nefarious. It can't just mean we like milking our own cows. It must mean we're hiding the bruises at best, and plotting to overthrow the government at worst.

It's not just individuals who can be targeted, of course. Businesses presumably have deeper pockets, so they're natural victims. Gone is the silly notion that a business should be able to provide its customers with products that they want, at prices they can afford. Instead, businesses are required to kowtow to an astoundingly detailed, invasive and burdensome list of regulations in total conflict with customer demand and corporate profitability. Frequently, these regulations are imposed in the name of "the children" or "the environment."

The most classic example, of course, is the phase out of the beloved, safe, cheap, reliable and otherwise unacceptable incandescent light bulb in favor of a product that is poisonous, expensive and inferior.

And manufacturers of shower heads – shower heads, of all things! – must conform to federal regulations for water usage, rather than having the audacity to give a customer what he wants (such as a shower head that actually issues appreciable quantities of water). I ask you, do shower heads sound like the kind of matter with which the federal government – your tax dollars – should be involved? Can you point out the justification in the Constitution?

But it doesn't matter, because companies that manufacture shower heads that exceed the dribble Al Gore wants you to experience in your bathroom are fined staggering sums of money. "This spring, the federal government fined four such companies a total of about $150,000," snorts Rob Long of the National Review Online, "just for making a shower head that people want – and stern warnings are being sent out on Department of Energy letterhead."

Department of Energy …!

I'm sorry, but we are living in a country with a government vastly out of control and bloated with bureaucrats whose sole purpose is to eliminate a free-market economy. Our government now has the ability – quite literally – to arrest every single one of us for violating one regulation or another. In other words, it can pick us off one by one whenever it's expedient. What a comforting thought.

Meanwhile, Mr. Schoenwetter, unable to find a job due to his criminal record, is now selling brass home décor items. I need a brass home décor item about as much as you do, but those candlesticks sure look nice, and frankly Mr. Schoenwetter could use a break.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Official Police State Thread - Page 2 Empty America's Most Successful Stop Snitchin' Campaign

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:53 pm

America's Most Successful Stop Snitchin' Campaign
by Radley Balko

Last month, when she awarded Barron Bowling $830,000 for the beating he suffered at the hands of a Drug Enforcement Administration agent in 2003, U.S. District Judge Julie Robinson went out of her way to acknowledge another victim in the sordid affair: Kansas City Police Det. Max Seifert.

On July 10, 2003, Bowling was driving down 10th Street in Kansas City, Kansas, on his way to fill a prescription, when Timothy McCue, an on-duty DEA agent, tried to illegally pass Bowling on the right of a wide one-lane street. Bowling accelerated to prevent McCue from passing, and the two cars collided. After the collision, McCue and another agent emerged from McCue's car. According to Robinson's ruling, McCue drew his gun, threw Bowling to the ground, then beat the hell out of him when he lifted his head from the pavement (which McCue would later describe as "resisting arrest"). According to witnesses, McCue threatened to kill Bowling, whom he called "white trash" and a "system-dodging inbred hillbilly."

It only got worse for Bowling. McCue, the DEA, and officers at the Kansas City Police Department then conspired to cover up the beating. Bowling was charged with leaving the scene of an accident and assaulting McCue with his car during the collision. He was later acquitted on those charges but convicted of possessing drug paraphernalia—a marijuana pipe police found in his car. Witness statements incriminating McCue for both the accident and the beating were lost or destroyed, as were photos of the damage McCue did to Bowling's face.

Only one of the officers who came to the accident scene that day had any integrity. That would be Seifert, a cop with an exemplary record who once shot an armed man to free two hostages. Seifert is the one who took the witness statements that implicated McCue. He is also the one who documented Bowling's injuries and testified for Bowling in Bowling's lawsuit. Here is how The Kansas City Star described what happened to Seifert next:

For crossing "the thin blue line," U.S. District Judge Julie Robinson wrote, Seifert was forced into retirement.

"Seifert was shunned, subjected to gossip and defamation by his police colleagues and treated as a pariah," Robinson wrote. "…The way Seifert was treated was shameful."

Seifert also lost part of his pension and his retirement health insurance. So what happened to the cops involved in the cover-up? Ronald Miller, then Kansas City's police chief, is now the police chief in Topeka. Officer Robert Lane went on to become a councilman for the town of Edwardsville; he was later convicted of participating in a ticket-fixing scheme and sentenced to 10 days in jail plus probation. Steven Culp, then Kansas City's deputy police chief, is now, incredibly enough, executive director of the Kansas Commission on Peace Officers' Standards and Training. Agent McCue is still with the DEA.

When we hear stories about police misconduct, the standard response from police groups and their supporters is that such behavior is rare, the fault of "a few bad apples." While that may be true, the "good" officers tend to cover up for them. And in some departments, the good cops are afraid to come forward, because they know they will be treated the way Max Seifert was.

Consider New York City police officer Adrian Schoolcraft, recently profiled on NPR's This American Life. Schoolcraft was concerned about the quotas that commanding officers were imposing for stops and arrests. He also reported that some officers were instructed to downgrade offenses, or even talk victims out of pressing charges, to make the city's crime statistics look better. NYPD officials publicly denied there was any quota system or data fudging, but that didn't jibe with what Schoolcraft was hearing in the station house. So Schoolcraft starting surreptitiously recording commanding officers giving instructions on quotas. According to The Village Voice, he brought his complaints to "a duty captain, a district surgeon, an NYPD psychologist, three Internal Affairs officers, and five department crime statistics auditors." None of them took action against the officers imposing the quotas, though last week NYPD announced five officers would face internal discipline for downgrading crimes.

But the department certainly did take action against Schoolcraft. Last October several officers from NYPD's Emergency Services Unit (essentially a SWAT team) appeared at Schoolcraft's Queens apartment, threw him to the floor, handcuffed him, and had him forcibly admitted to the psychiatric ward at Jamaica Hospital. NYPD officials lied to hospital staff about Schoolcraft's condition, causing him to be held for six days against his will. Officially, the visit to Schoolcraft's apartment was prompted by an unapproved sick day. But that does not explain the show of force or the officers' removal of documents related to Schoolcraft's complaints about the NYPD from his home.

Last week The Village Voice reported another troubling incident, in which 10 rookie NYPD cops beat a cabbie outside of an Upper East Side bar in 2008. The cabbie was arrested for aggravated driving without a license. None of the cops was charged, although a few faced administrative discipline. Their captain was promoted. The only cop to suffer any serious repercussions was Sgt. Anthony Acosta, who was handcuffed at the scene for trying to stop the beating. Acosta was later stripped of his gun and badge, and assigned to desk duty.

There are more stories like these. Last year former Albuquerque police officer Sam Costales was awarded $662,000 in a lawsuit against his own department. In 2006 Costales testified against fellow police officers after an incident that resulted in the arrest of retired race car driver Al Unser. Costales said Unser did not assault or threaten officers from the San Bernadillo Sheriff's Department, as claimed in police reports. Costales’ testimony helped Unser win an acquittal.

None of the San Bernadillo deputies was disciplined. By now you probably can guess who was disciplined: Sam Costales. His own chief opened an internal affairs investigation of him. His transgression: He wore his police uniform when he testified in Unser's case. Albuquerque cops apparently are permitted to wear the uniform when they're testifying for the prosecution, but not when they're testifying for the defense. As is often the case when a police officer is investigated, the Albuquerque police union got involved—but not to protect Costales. James Badway, secretary of the Albuquerque Police Officers Association, sent an email message to the San Bernadillo sheriff apologizing for Costales' actions. Here is an excerpt:

As Secretary of the APOA I feel it is my duty and responsibility to apologize to you and your officers. Ofc. Sam Costales does not represent APD/APOA. The majority of our officers look at the BCSO as our brother and sisters in blue. We are embarrassed and ashamed of Ofc. Costales's testimony in the Unser trial. If there is anything we can do to rebuild the damage caused by Sam please let me know.

A few years ago, I attended a conference on the use of police informants. In one session, the "Stop Snitchin'" movement, which discourages African Americans from cooperating with police, came up. I was astonished to hear one hip-hop artist and activist say he would not cooperate with the police even if he had witnessed the rape and murder of an old woman in broad daylight. He just didn't trust the police. I told him his position was absurd: Whatever his concerns about the police when it comes to the use of drug informants (concerns I share), they shouldn't prevent him from cooperating with the investigation of an innocent person's murder. His response: "Isn't the Blue Wall of Silence really just the most successful Stop Snitchin' campaign in history?"

In his book Breaking Rank: A Top Cop's Exposé of the Dark Side of American Policing, former Seattle Police Chief Norm Stamper explains the implicit threats that make the Blue Wall so successful:

You have to rely on your fellow officers to back you. A cop with a reputation as a snitch is one vulnerable police officer, likely to find his peers slow to respond to requests for backup—if they show up at all. A snitch is subject to social snubbing. Or malicious mischief, or sabotage...The peer pressure is childish and churlish, but it's real. Few cops can stand up to it.

Which makes it all the more important that police administrators and political leaders support and protect the cops who do. The most disturbing aspect of these stories is not that there are bad cops in Kansas City, New York, and Albuquerque. It's not even that other cops covered for them, or that police unions have institutionalized the protection of bad cops. The most disturbing part of these cases is that the cover-up and retaliation extend all the way to the top of the chain of command—and that so far there has been no action, or even condemnation, from the elected officials who are supposed to hold police leaders accountable.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Yep.

Don't talk to the cops.....ever. Keep your distance. Make plans and prepare to protect yourself.

Try to have nothing to do with them.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Official Police State Thread - Page 2 Empty Let's go to Boston

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:04 am

WARNING: Some explicit language in the following video

swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Official Police State Thread - Page 2 Empty Driver gets false 'revenge' ticket for telling-off parking officer

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:45 am

Driver gets false 'revenge' ticket for telling-off parking officer

A Denver parking enforcement officer took revenge on a driver who called him a "meter maid" by asking a co-worker to write the driver a false parking ticket, 9Wants to Know has learned.

The parking officers then mailed the $150 handicapped parking ticket to the driver late, so by the time he received it, the fine had doubled.

"This was a $300 ticket," Joshua Miscles of Denver said. "People get criticized every day and it doesn't give them the right to just write a ticket and a fake ticket to boot."

Miscles admits he got angry with the enforcement agent on Aug. 19, 2009. He had run into the bank to cash a check and when he came out, Officer Eric Madril had issued him a ticket for not having a front license plate. Miscles had a license plate, but it was in his widow because there were no holes on his bumper to place it on the front of the car.

"I told him that was a bull crap ticket if he's seen the license plate in my window and that there's no where else to put it," Miscles said.

Miscles says he called Madril a "meter maid" and told him to "get a real job."

"That's when he got upset and got on the phone," Miscles said. "He was telling me, 'Come on! Get out of your truck and let's go.'"

Instead of fighting him, Miscles says he drove off and eventually forgot all about it. Several days later, he received a second parking ticket in the mail claiming he had parked in a handicapped parking spot at 1614 18th Street just nine minutes after he had been ticketed for having not having a front license plate at 1403 17th Street in Denver.

"I wouldn't park in a handicapped space because I'm not handicapped," Miscles said.

The second ticket was written by Officer John Culhane. While Miscles paid the ticket for no license plate, he decided to fight the handicapped parking ticket and went before a Denver parking magistrate.

The officers got caught when the judge noticed that it would have been physically impossible for Culhane to have spotted and ticketed Miscles in a handicapped parking spot.

Ticket reports obtained by 9Wants to Know show Culhane issued a parking citation at 3281 S. Oneida Way in Denver. Nine minutes later, Culhane issued the handicapped parking ticket to Miscles at a location 12 miles away, on 18th Street. Then, records show Culhane wrote a third ticket six minutes after that near the first location, at 2978 S. Newport Street.

"It's not ethical to write a citation falsely," Ann Williams, spokesperson for the Denver Department of Public Works, said. "The behavior that this agent displayed is not appropriate, it's not acceptable and it's not our norm."

After conducting an investigation, the Department of Public Works suspended Culhane for two days. It did not discipline Madril.

Williams says it appears the officers were seeking revenge on Miscles.

"That's absolutely wrong and that's not how our agents should be acting out in the field. Ever," she said.

Williams says it's irrelevant the way citizens behave because parking enforcement agents are trained how to deal with the public in a class called "Verbal Judo."

"In our training, we're taught to educate, not dominate," trainer Darnell Brooks said. "We need to understand that citizens are going to be upset when they're getting a ticket, who wouldn't be? You just let those things roll off you and don't take it personal."

Brooks says a driver recently drove over an agent's foot, breaking her Achilles' heel. Other drivers have spit on officers, assaulted them and verbally abused them.

"It can get pretty ugly," Brooks said. "If you can go a week without being verbally assaulted, you're doing pretty good."

Drivers have been charged with assault for hitting and spitting on parking officers, but Brooks could not say how often it has happened.

Parking officers write about 10,000 tickets each a year in Denver, according to records obtained by 9Wants to Know.

Culhane and Madril attended right-of-way enforcement training together three years ago and have been friends ever since.

Culhane refused to comment about the story when questioned by Investigative Reporter Deborah Sherman. However, in a discipline report, Culhane told investigators he "had no recollection of writing the disputed ticket."

Madril told Sherman he didn't have time to talk about the ticket.

Miscles says the ordeal has been such a hassle, he will never yell at a parking officer again.

"I'll never do that again because it cost me two days of work," Miscles said.

Everyone is guilty of something. It's just a matter of running afoul of some government goon.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Official Police State Thread - Page 2 Empty Police dash cameras "not operational" during student shooting

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:47 am

Police dash cameras "not operational" during student shooting

Video cameras in squad cars were "not operational" when police officers shot and killed a college football player during a disturbance outside a bar, prosecutors said in a document released Tuesday.

The Westchester County District Attorney's Office filed the document in objecting to a request from a lawyer for the student's family to view audio and video recordings of the shooting.

Danroy Henry, 20, a Pace University student from Easton, Mass., was killed Oct. 17 as he drove his Nissan near the bar in Thornwood near the university campus.

Police have said Henry sped away and hit two officers after another officer knocked on his car window.

Michael Sussman, a lawyer for Henry's family, claims accounts from witnesses, including passengers in the car, contradict the police account.

The prosecution argues that releasing material to Sussman might mean making it public and would interfere with a pending grand jury investigation, for which subpoenas have already been issued.

"As to video recordings made by the Mount Pleasant and Pleasantville police departments, Mount Pleasant has no video cameras installed in their patrol cars, while Pleasantville does, but an examination of the hard drives of those cameras reveals they were not operational during the shooting incident," the court document says. It does not say why the cameras were not operating.

A message left for Pleasantville police Chief Anthony Chiarlitti was not immediately returned.

The court document also says that most surveillance video from stores in the same shopping center as the bar were not useful. But video from the bar itself, Finnegan's Grill, and a Citibank branch show images from outside, it says. No details were provided.

The document says Sussman was wrong when he told reporters last week that traces of gunpowder were gone from the car Henry was driving when he was shot. Gunshot residue tests have not been completed, it said.

"The probable impact of such false and misleading publicity by interested parties is to interfere with the grand jury's unbiased investigation," the court document says.

In a response released Tuesday night, Sussman said that despite many conversations and letters, the district attorney's office has never "made any statement questioning or discouraging my public comments." He insisted he was correct about the gunpowder.

Sussman has suggested the district attorney should not be leading the investigation because of ties to the police departments involved. He has asked the Department of Justice to step in and is seeking a determination of whether racial bias or stereotyping played a role. The officers who fired at Henry's car — Pleasantville Officer Aaron Hess and Mount Pleasant Officer Ronald Beckley — are white; Henry was black.

Sussman said he would be willing to keep secret any material he is given. If he eventually files a lawsuit for the family, he said, he would be willing to "do it under seal not to compromise criminal proceedings."

He said Henry's parents, Danroy Henry Sr. and Angella Henry, "need to see this information. They want to hear the tapes

In the Bible, when God said, "You shall not commit murder", he meant both when it's intentional and when it's accidental. These cops are murderers and they are hiding the evidence that exposes them.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Doc Trock wrote:Yep.

Don't talk to the cops.....ever. Keep your distance. Make plans and prepare to protect yourself.

Last week, at the shooting range, I shot 16 rds to tweak the front sight on my M1. During this, I struck up a conversation with a couple guys who were testing high power hand loads. Spent about an hour shooting and talking, then I needed to go. I had just finished shooting, recovered my targets, and had loaded my guns and gear back into the truck when a sheriff's deputy rolled up. The two hand loaders immediately went over to talk with the cop. I, on the other hand, quietly slipped into my truck and left. Even though the deputy seemed friendly, I have no desire to pursue even casual conversation with an LE person.

This from LR speaking about cops cracked me up:
the never ending saga of giving homo sapiens with the I.Q.s of a handball a lethal weapon
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Pundit Level : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:00 pm

Bladerunner wrote:
Doc Trock wrote:Yep.

Last week, at the shooting range, I shot 16 rds to tweak the front sight on my M1. During this, I struck up a conversation with a couple guys who were testing high power hand loads. Spent about an hour shooting and talking, then I needed to go. I had just finished shooting, recovered my targets, and had loaded my guns and gear back into the truck when a sheriff's deputy rolled up. The two hand loaders immediately went over to talk with the cop. I, on the other hand, quietly slipped into my truck and left. Even though the deputy seemed friendly, I have no desire to pursue even casual conversation with an LE person.

This from LR speaking about cops cracked me up:
the never ending saga of giving homo sapiens with the I.Q.s of a handball a lethal weapon

good for you Blade!

Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Again, "In the never ending saga of giving homo sapiens with the I.Q.s of a handball a lethal weapon . . "

KC police fire at backfiring van

Two Kansas City police officers who thought they were being shot at from inside a van returned fire Thursday night.

Only later did police realize that the van was actually backfiring and the man inside was not armed. He was not injured by the shots fired by police.

Windows of the police car were apparently shot out by the officers as they exited the patrol car.

The officers were dispatched on a report of shots being fired from a white van just before 6 p.m. Thursday on Gregory Boulevard near Interstate 435.

When the officers got to the area they saw a white van parked on Gregory and pulled up near it. As they were getting out of the patrol car they heard the backfiring and fired their weapons. Police are continuing to investigate the incident.

"To protect and serve". Yeah, right. Dress a stupid slug in blue, give him a shield and gun, then run for cover.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:51 am

Our police force has become highly militarized. Also, I'm sure they've watched way too many action movies.

At some point, Americans will have to realize that the police are not on our side.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:16 pm

We had an incident a few years back just north of us, in a town called Soledad. Two women were in their car and the cops thought they were suspects, so the cops opened fire on the car.

I wanna say they shot 50 rounds into the car....give or take.

After the officers ran out of ammo, they determined that the two women were not suspects, and that they had made a mistake.

The two women were unharmed.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:14 pm

Doc Trock wrote:We had an incident a few years back just north of us, in a town called Soledad. Two women were in their car and the cops thought they were suspects, so the cops opened fire on the car.

I wanna say they shot 50 rounds into the car....give or take.

After the officers ran out of ammo, they determined that the two women were not suspects, and that they had made a mistake.

The two women were unharmed.
Amazing.

Funny thing, a few weeks ago, the county sheriff's "SWAT?" team took over the community range for a day of qualifications. Next day I went out there. The puds had left their man sized silhouette targets on the boards. Their shooting skills are awesome. At 50 yds, the hits were all over the paper and even some had missed the black. These were obviously 45 pistol rounds. Their hits at 100 yds with their AR15/M16s were no better. Compared to the shooting of two civilian combat pistol competitors I saw in action one day, these "cops" were pathetic.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:23 pm

AT our local indoor range, the owner, who I know pretty well, told me that the worst shots are the cops. He showed me bullet holes in the walls, the ceiling and the bench where you rest your guns (waist high) and told me that they were all done by cops.

Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Official Police State Thread - Page 2 Empty Officer’s Power Trip Caught on DashCam

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:50 pm

This officer is stupid. How many would turn off their dashcams or simply have the footage "lost" after the fact?
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:56 am

A man died early Saturday morning after fleeing from police who used a Taser on him several times, Las Vegas police said.

The name of the man was not released by authorities.

Police said the incident occurred at 1:07 a.m. after a routine traffic stop in the 1000 block of West Lake Mead Boulevard, near Martin Luther King Boulevard.

Police said the man was speaking to an officer at the front of a patrol vehicle when he fled northbound across Lake Mead and jumped over a wall into the backyard of an abandoned home at the 1000 block of Hart Avenue, about two-tenths of a mile from where his car was stopped.

Officers chased and attempted to take the man into custody but he aggressively resisted them, police said. The officers then "attempted to deploy an E.C.D. several times to subdue the suspect," police said. An E.C.D., or Electronic Control Device, is more commonly known as a Taser.

Police didn't specify how many of the Taser shots struck the suspect but Sgt. John Sheahan said the man was hit several times.

The man was taken into custody but soon appeared to be in medical distress. The officers rendered aid and called for medical help. He was pronounced dead later at Valley Hospital.

Police did not specify how many officers were involved. They were placed on routine paid leave, and their names will be released 48 hours after the incident, per department policy.

Taser use by local police agencies has been controversial. Several suspects have died in recent years after the machine was used on them.

A 2008 study by Amnesty International concluded that Las Vegas led the nation in deaths involving law enforcement use of Tasers. The study found that between June 2001 and August 2008, seven people died after Tasers were used on them. That figure topped Phoenix, with five deaths.

A Taser delivers 50,000 volts of electricity, which tenses muscles and incapacitates the body.

The study said six of the seven deaths in Las Vegas followed Taser use by the Metropolitan Police Department, which began using them department-wide in July of 2004.

At the time of the study, police spokeswoman Barbara Morgan said that while people have died after being shot with the weapon, the Clark County coroner had never found Taser use to be the cause of death.

"We have no deaths caused by Tasers," she said in December of 2008. "Some of them were narcotics or heart problems."

More recently, on August 25th, Eduardo Hernandez-Lopez, 21, of Henderson, died after a Taser was used on him by the Nevada Highway Patrol.

On Friday, the Clark County coroner's office said Hernandez-Lopez died from "cardiopulmonary arrest during varied restraining procedures." They labeled his death a homicide.

Troopers were alerted to an incident on U.S. 95 involving an individual fighting several people.

When officers arrived, they had a physical altercation with Hernandez-Lopez, whom they described as an "irate individual." During the altercation, Hernandez-Lopez was shot with a Taser and troopers later noticed he wasn't breathing. He was pronounced dead at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center.

On Saturday afternoon in the neighborhood where the latest Taser death occurred, Gerald Enos described what he saw from his living room window early that morning. Enos said that at about 1:15 a.m. he looked out the window because his Labrador was barking loudly at the sound of police sirens.

Enos said he saw two or three officers wrestling with a man at the front yard of an abandoned house across Hart Avenue, near a 15-foot palm tree, but that it was dark and he could not see much. Enos said as the confrontation was occurring, police cars with their sirens blaring were driving toward the scene.

Enos said it's unfortunate the man died, but he felt safer because of the police presence.

"I'm happy to have them do their job," Enos said.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Official Police State Thread - Page 2 Empty Delaware police: City pays widow of slain man

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:03 am

Delaware police: City pays widow of slain man

Wilmington paid $875,000 to settle a lawsuit filed by the widow of a decorated former Marine who was fatally shot more than four years ago by police investigating the Pagans Motorcycle Club, according to documents filed Friday in federal court.

The paperwork dismisses the lawsuit stemming from the November 2006 killing of Derek J. Hale. The shooting came at the end of an 18-month investigation by state police that led to charges against 32 people -- including some Pagans members -- for drug and weapons offenses.

Many of the charges were later reduced or dropped.

"I feel relieved and disappointed at the same time -- if that is possible," said Hale's widow, Elaine, of Manassas, Va. "It has been an excruciatingly long four years. I'm disappointed in the fact that while we settled, I really didn't see what I originally wanted to come out of it.

She said she wanted the officers involved to lose their jobs and be prevented from doing anything related to police work.

In exchange for the settlement, Hale's parents, Dennis and Connie Hale, who were part of the suit, are dismissing their claims without compensation from the city, Wilmington officials said.

The settlement does not represent an admission of wrongdoing by the city or any of the officers involved, city officials said. They added that they were settling to avoid the expense of further litigation.

For the first time, they also released an account of what they said happened on Nov. 6, 2006. It agrees with a version released by the state Department of Justice in 2007, which cleared officers of any wrongdoing.

But it contradicts what witnesses told The News Journal at the time. The most glaring difference is that the witnesses said Hale was lying on a stoop and did not appear threatening before he was shot; the city's version said he stood up and defied orders to take his hands out of his pockets.

"We were very confident in our case and know that our officers acted properly and professionally, particularly given the forensic evidence," said William S. Montgomery, chief of staff for Wilmington Mayor James M. Baker.

So forensic evidence trumps eyewitness accounts? What kind of justice are we talking about here?
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:42 pm

State justice!

Justice is present in decreasing amounts, depending on the class a person belongs to:

1.)Ruling class: these folks have a tremendous amount of justice, especially the ones who rule behind the scenes
2.)Noble class: These are the people who aid and abet the ruling class. The police are nobles. They also have a large amount of justice...enough justice to kill people without getting into trouble, but not as much as the ruling class.
3.)The rich.
4.)The peasant
5.)The subversive, terrorist, murderer, muslim class: These people have almost no justice.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Official Police State Thread - Page 2 Empty Cop shoots, kills family dog

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:05 am

Cop shoots, kills family dog

A Clayton County mother of six said the family dog did what he always did when he saw someone. He barked.

But when "Boomer" started barking and running toward a police officer Saturday morning, the officer shot the dog and killed it, Lawrene King told the AJC Sunday night.

“He’s a golden retriever," King said. "He barks, but he’s never bitten anyone.”

A Clayton County police officer was on foot patrol on North Shore Drive when the dog jumped off a porch and started barking and running toward the officer, Capt. Tina Daniel said. The officer ordered the dog to stop and when it didn't, the officer shot and killed the animal in its yard, Daniel said.

The police department has launched an internal investigation into the incident and will not discuss the incident until it is completed, Sgt. Otis Willis said Monday afternoon.

The officer, whose name was not released, was responding to a call reporting a suspicious person, police said.

A resident called police to report that someone was selling meat from the back of a white pickup truck, King said. The friend of one of her children had parked his white truck in front of the family's home, and King believes the officer was checking it to confirm it was involved.

"My neighbor saw the whole thing," King said. "He was shocked how quickly the officer pulled his gun."

Boomer was killed about 25 feet from his spot on the front porch, close to her front door, King said. He was not on a leash.

King said she wasn't home when Boomer was shot, but three teenagers were in her house. King said she received a frantic call from her 19-year-old son Jonathan.

"Mom! He killed my dog," King said her son screamed.

Lawrene King said police officers were still at her home when she returned.

The family had an electric fence, but there was not a sign alerting the officer it was there, Daniel said.

The bold part is what is important here. The officer treated the dog like it was person. Never forget that the police are that stupid at times. A badge doesn't make you any more intelligent than the salvation of Jesus makes you a good person by default.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:48 am

swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2