Covert Classic Conservatives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Focus on the Policy, Not WikiLeaks

4 posters

Go down

Focus on the Policy, Not WikiLeaks Empty Focus on the Policy, Not WikiLeaks

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:21 am

Focus on the Policy, Not WikiLeaks
by Ron Paul

We may never know the whole story behind the recent publication of sensitive U.S. government documents by the WikiLeaks organization, but we certainly can draw some important conclusions from the reaction of so many in government and media.

At its core, the WikiLeaks controversy serves as a diversion from the real issue of what our foreign policy should be. But the mainstream media, along with neoconservatives from both political parties, insist on asking the wrong question. When presented with embarrassing disclosures about U.S. spying and meddling, the policy that requires so much spying and meddling is not questioned. Instead, the media focus on how so much sensitive information could have been leaked, or how authorities might prosecute the publishers of such information.

No one questions the status quo or suggests a wholesale rethinking of our foreign policy. No one suggests that the White House or the State Department should be embarrassed that the U.S. engages in spying and meddling. The only embarrassment is that it was made public. This allows ordinary people to actually know and talk about what the government does. But state secrecy is anathema to a free society. Why exactly should Americans be prevented from knowing what their government is doing in their name?

In a free society, we are supposed to know the truth. In a society where truth becomes treason, however, we are in big trouble. The truth is that our foreign spying, meddling, and outright military intervention in the post–World War II era has made us less secure, not more. And we have lost countless lives and spent trillions of dollars for our trouble. Too often "official" government lies have provided justification for endless, illegal wars and hundreds of thousands of resulting deaths and casualties.

Take the recent hostilities in Korea as only one example. More than fifty years after the end of the Korean War, American taxpayers continue to spend billions for the U.S. military to defend a modern and wealthy South Korea. The continued presence of the U.S. military places American lives between the two factions. The U.S. presence only serves to prolong the conflict, further drain our empty treasury, and place our military at risk.

The neoconservative ethos, steeped in the teaching of Leo Strauss, cannot abide an America where individuals simply pursue their own happy, peaceful, prosperous lives. It cannot abide an America where society centers around family, religion, or civic and social institutions rather than an all-powerful central state. There is always an enemy to slay, whether communist or terrorist. In the neoconservative vision, a constant state of alarm must be fostered among the people to keep them focused on something greater than themselves – namely their great protector, the state. This is why the neoconservative reaction to the WikiLeaks revelations is so predictable: “See, we told you the world was a dangerous place,” goes the story. They claim we must prosecute – or even assassinate – those responsible for publishing the leaks. And we must redouble our efforts to police the world by spying and meddling better, with no more leaks.

We should view the WikiLeaks controversy in the larger context of American foreign policy. Rather than worry about the disclosure of embarrassing secrets, we should focus on our delusional foreign policy. We are kidding ourselves when we believe spying, intrigue, and outright military intervention can maintain our international status as a superpower while our domestic economy crumbles in an orgy of debt and monetary debasement.
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Focus on the Policy, Not WikiLeaks Empty Re: Focus on the Policy, Not WikiLeaks

Post by Doc Trock Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:55 pm

Everything this man said in the campaign turned out to be correct.
Everything he said about the economy turned out to be correct.
Everything he is saying in this essay will turn out to be correct.

[sarcasm]What a whackjob! He looks like someone's crazy uncle. Can't he be made to go away? I mean, God's party, the republican party, hates this guy.....
[/sarcasm]

The United State doesn't deserve the kind of leadership that Ron Paul could provide. They deserve exactly who they got, and they'll get even worse as the empire begins to crumble.

BTW, I'm an American in exile. I don't consider this place to be America. It's not my government, or my country. My country no longer exists, but I cherish its memory and hold its ideals, laws and traditions in high regard. The memory of America is still a beacon of hope to the world.....but it's not to be found in the United State.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322
Poster Popularity : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:10 pm

So, where is the "beacon of hope" now, Doc?

I really don't know what to think about how simple it seems to you to hold so many good people in such contempt, how you can dismiss decent, God-fearing Americans so easily, suggesting that they all "deserve exactly [the kind of leadership] they got". There are millions who didn't want who they got, millions who voted against it. Yet, you condemn them because brainless fools outnumbered them at the polls.

Hardheartedness is a self-induced condition, Doc, the farther away from God one gets, the harder the heart becomes.

Last edited by Bladerunner on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Pundit Level : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:31 pm

I think you're very much misreading what I wrote. Please re-read and notice a couple things:

1.)I refer to the "united state."
2.)I declare myself an American in exile....and I cherish the memory of America and hold its laws and traditions in high regard.....
3.)I declare that these memories and traditions are a beacon of hope to the world.....NOT the United State.

If that doesn't help you, I'll spell it out differently....but please understand that I do NOT equate the "homeland" or the government with America.

You can have America anywhere free people are. And, as long as we have the United State, we don't have America where the US has jurisdiction.

I hate the government.....I hate the state......you should too.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:03 pm

The 50 states are individual entities, under the Constitution, they constitute the United States. How can you see the government as a "United State"? It may be a statist government now, but it is far from being "united" on anything. In fact, it seems it is coming unraveled. Even the most vile of statist governments had strong leadership.

And, it may be a triival point, but until you are actually, physically, out of the country you are not an exile. You are still subject to the laws of the land. Maybe, in your mind, you are, but then again, maybe you are just a man without a country.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:41 pm

I still obey some of the laws, for sure.
In my mind, I have totally divorced myself from the government of this country. Legally speaking, of course, nothing has changed....I understand that. But I've withdrawn my consent, and I do not recognize the current government as legitimate.

In practice, the states are not separate entities in any meaningful way.....ask people who live on the border of Mexico and Arizona about that.

As far as becoming unraveled.....I don't agree....yet. The D vs. R fight is scripted and planned. Things won't start to actually unravel for a few years. I anxiously await such a time and pray that they unravel quickly and thoroughly.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:54 pm

I, too, Doc, condemn the current government as illegitimate, but I believe in the concept of government as defined in the Constitution (a Constitutional Republic)

Regarding Arizona: It seems to me the government and citizens of that state are standing against, not only the Mexican invasions, but against the federal government. Governor Brewer, Sheriff Ariapo, and the AG, among other officials and a majority of AZ citizens are fighting two fronts.

I have some friends down there in a citizen manned and funded organization called SAFE. The are conducting armed (self-defense) patrols along the border with the primary mission of intelligence gathering, video documentation, and reporting. The BP welcomes their help and is working with them (although the BP cannot provide funding or manpower).

I don't know where you see anything "scripted and planned" in the D vs R fight. The midterm election certainly throws a monkey wrench into that idea.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Bladerunner wrote:
I don't know where you see anything "scripted and planned" in the D vs R fight. The midterm election certainly throws a monkey wrench into that idea.

I view the mid-term elections in the same light as a WWE wrestling match, or a Harlem Globetrotters game. The other team just scored! The Globetrotters are down! Oh my, what will happen?

The Washington Generals work for the same organization as the Globetrotters....they're paid to put on a show.

Same with congress. They put on a show, called an election. But the outcome of the "game" is not important.....the gate revenue is. And in that way, the fight is scripted.

Nothing will change, but all kinds of people have "new hope," and new interest in the process, so the gate revenues will be great!

I'm not interested in fake stuff.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:23 pm

I probably shouldn't ask where you got such a jaded perspective, Doc. I really don't know anyone with such a sour outlook on things. You ever hear of PMA?
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:04 pm

Bladerunner wrote:I probably shouldn't ask where you got such a jaded perspective, Doc. I really don't know anyone with such a sour outlook on things. You ever hear of PMA?

Jaded? Very Happy

I'm one of the happiest people I know!
Married and in love for nearly 25 years.
5 kids who love me and who are all doing very well
Gorgeous wife who thinks and believes the way I do
Well into 6 figure income
Horses, pets, interesting hobbies
Friends
Excellent health
I have at least one good laugh every day
great sex 4-10 times per week (yep, no bull)
And....I have a positive mental attitude!
Most people don't believe me when I tell them half the things I've done, places I've been.....but I've got pictures and witnesses. I've been very fortunate.

I do not place my hope in government....I recognize it for what it is, and therefore I can look forward to its collapse...something to be met with a sense of adventure. It makes me smile. I eagerly await it.

I say the things I say, not because I'm depressed.....but because so many people are totally confused and submerged in lies. Quite a few people have woken up as a result of my relationships with them...they've taken steps to plan, they're happy, learning to be content with what they have, not living in fear and disappointment.

No, if you met me you wouldn't say what you said. You just don't quite understand me......I'm not like most people....never have been.....and God forbid I ever become like everyone else.

Being cynical is very different than being jaded. I love live. I love freedom. I'm not cynical at all about that! But government?

I hate it, because I understand what it is and what it does.

Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladerunner Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:34 pm

You could have defended yourself without blowing your own trumpet. Your resume, personal history, and an account of your charm are irrelevant to this issue. It is good that things are so smashing for you, but it is the hatred that compelled me to challenge you. It has, it seems, forced you to make some extreme decisions and radical choices. Hate is a cancer. Doc. I do hope it isn't malignant.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Bladerunner wrote:You could have defended yourself without blowing your own trumpet. Your resume, personal history, and an account of your charm are irrelevant to this issue. It is good that things are so smashing for you, but it is the hatred that compelled me to challenge you. It has, it seems, forced you to make some extreme decisions and radical choices. Hate is a cancer. Doc. I do hope it isn't malignant.

Hating a tyrannical government is a good thing. It's healthy.
And what seems extreme and radical to you is simply wise and prudent to me. Lots of people are figuring it out.....I'm actually the second wave of guests to arrive at this party.

As far as blowing my own trumpet....when someone says you're full of hate, you respond in a pretty strong fashion, if you care. If I didn't care I'd just ignore you, which I won't do.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmbaptist Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:46 pm

I think that Jessie Ventura said it best, "Shoot down the message, not the messenger!" cheers
dsmbaptist
dsmbaptist

Pundit Level : 997

http://mitchellandmichael.blogspot.com/ http://michaelsmusings.forumotion.net/forum.htm http://twitter.com/Dsmbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down