Covert Classic Conservatives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama: "Islam has always been part of America"

+2
Doc Trock
swiftfoxmark2
6 posters

Go down

Obama: "Islam has always been part of America" Empty Obama: "Islam has always been part of America"

Post by swiftfoxmark2 Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:33 pm

Obama to host Ramadan meal

President Obama will host an iftar — the special evening meal observed during Ramadan — on Friday night in the White House dining room.

Obama participated in a similar gathering last year.

Celebrations like iftar dinners "remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam's role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings," Obama wrote in a statement Wednesday.

"Ramadan is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial equality ... a reminder that Islam has always been part of America and that American Muslims have made extraordinary contributions to our country."

The dinner comes amid a growing controversy over the proposed construction of an Islamic cultural center in downtown Manhattan, near the site of the World Trade Center. A CNN poll released Wednesday found that 68 percent of the public opposes the project.

Meanwhile, the White House — which has made great efforts to reach out to the Muslim community — has been silent on the issue.

"This is rightly a matter for New York City and the local community to decide," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters on Aug. 3.

Ramadan began on Wednesday and will end around Sept. 10.

It must be so fun to rewrite history. In my version, there are orcs and trolls and hobbits and wizards and elves and dwarves and we all fight then drink tons of bear and sing!!!
swiftfoxmark2
swiftfoxmark2

Pundit Level : 1365
Poster Popularity : 2

http://swiftfoxmark2.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/swiftfoxmark2/

Back to top Go down

Obama: "Islam has always been part of America" Empty Re: Obama: "Islam has always been part of America"

Post by Doc Trock Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:45 pm

Smells Like Bullshit
I've been wanting to try out this emoticon for a while.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322
Poster Popularity : 0

Back to top Go down

Obama: "Islam has always been part of America" Empty Re: Obama: "Islam has always been part of America"

Post by philosophy Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:09 pm

Since when is Islam a faith known for diversity? It has been teaching since its beginning the erradication of all Jews.

philosophy

Pundit Level : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Trock Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:17 pm

philosophy wrote:Since when is Islam a faith known for diversity? It has been teaching since its beginning the erradication of all Jews.

Well, yes.....but enlightened folks are anti-semitic. It's always been that way.
Me? I just a stupid moron.....I consider the Jews to every bit as human as everyone else.
Doc Trock
Doc Trock

Pundit Level : 322

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen 16 Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Doc Trock wrote:
philosophy wrote:Since when is Islam a faith known for diversity? It has been teaching since its beginning the erradication of all Jews.

Well, yes.....but enlightened folks are anti-semitic. It's always been that way.
Me? I just a stupid moron.....I consider the Jews to every bit as human as everyone else.

What do you know? You wear tin foil on your nose. Laughing

I find it interesting that Barry the Wonder President said we need to allow the Mosque to be built near Ground Zero in the name of religious freedom, when the religion building the Mosque has no tolerance for any religion but its own. Not living in NYC and not personally knowing anyone who died in those attacks, I have no standing one way or another to say whether the thing should be built. But let's be frank about the religion. I know in the past some horrible things have been done in the name of Christ, but no organized Christian religion (I don't consider Pat Robertson to be organized, or all that Christian, for that matter) is calling for the destruction of other religions, at least none that I know of.
Owen 16
Owen 16

Pundit Level : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Riot'76 Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Barry and Bush certainly have different views of Islam . . . No All kinds of differences between party leaders . . . No

Pat Riot'76

Pundit Level : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Royd Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:48 am

I have always understood being part of something to mean being integrated and making a positive contribution to the whole.

Yes it could be argued that some of the less ardent Muslims have integtated, and have made valuable contributions to America.

But that cannot be said for Islam in America as a whole, where like other places Islam exists, it is self segregating, and devisive, and is not making positive contributions to the host nations. At best it is parallel, at worst, well 9/11 says it all.

Royd

Pundit Level : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down